Do you guys remember Murilo "Ninja" Rua?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Here is he teaching some class at the "Shogun team" gym:

Here is his own Whey protein drink brand:

With his wife and 2 kids:

He seems to be doing good... And i always thought he was a better grappler than my boy Shogun :)

WAR NINJA!

tumblr_mc82blOS0z1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

If anything, he gave us this glorious gif.

Yes he is the smarter and better looking, if not less athletic brother of Shogun. I'm glad he retired before things got bad for him. It's good to see a pic like this.

Still wearing Elite XC gear in 2017.
<mma4>

Loved ninja. Wish he never entered the HWGP. KHaritonov broke him

I can't forget Ninja, and what could have been . Very promising fighter, whose resume should include a win over Rampage, and imo, Hendo. I still think the Kharitonov fight did irreparable damage to his career.

Gotta be an old pic elite xc has been done since October 2008
Yea, I figured the same thing, but it says Fev. 2017 on the pic, and in his other instagram pictures his kids seem around the same age.

Id prolly still rock it too tho. Not even gonna hate.

I was a big Ninja fan back in the day, but he became very inconsistent almost overnight.

Ya I remember him beating Rampage's ass then getting robbed of the decision..and stepping on a dudes neck after the bell.

I can't forget Ninja, and what could have been . Very promising fighter, whose resume should include a win over Rampage, and imo, Hendo. I still think the Kharitonov fight did irreparable damage to his career.
Dude suffered brain damage in that fight, that's a crazy guy taking that fight

His beatings from Lawler and Kong were tough to watch. I remember Robbie picking his nose and laughing at one point as Ninja punched him, man Ninja had nothing for him that night, completely outclassed

Always one to watch, you knew you were watching a fight when Ninja turned up

Was it the Jason Jones fight in Bitetti that was an absolute slobber knocker? I forget

Dude suffered brain damage in that fight, that's a crazy guy taking that fight

His beatings from Lawler and Kong were tough to watch. I remember Robbie picking his nose and laughing at one point as Ninja punched him, man Ninja had nothing for him that night, completely outclassed

Always one to watch, you knew you were watching a fight when Ninja turned up

Was it the Jason Jones fight in Bitetti that was an absolute slobber knocker? I forget
Yeah ,entering the HWGP was one of those reckless decision's in hindsight.

I remember, just prior to the Lawler fight thinking Ninja could possibly compete against Silva, Franklin, and the other top MW's. Watching Ninja throw everything at Robbie for two round's, only to gas out, and get put away in third, put an end to that fantasy.

I think the Jones fight was around the time he was trying to gain entry into the UFC. I don't recall seeing the fight. I think he put together a decent win streak around that time, but never looked like he could survive in the UFC.

Yes he is the smarter and better looking, if not less athletic brother of Shogun. I'm glad he retired before things got bad for him. It's good to see a pic like this.
Probably not smarter after the Kharitonov fight. Never better looking, Shogun's got him on that.

I thought he won both those fights easily.

Completely agree. I felt that he got a raw deal in both those fights. He was a great fighter in his day.

Back