Would you pick Romero against a prime Anderson Silva?

Yes. You didn't discuss so I won't either.

are they both on steroids in this hypothetical fight?

I’m picking prime Anderson against anyone at 185.

I think Anderson would have more chance here than vs Jones but equally I think Romero would have more chance of finishing him, more dangerous standup and GnP.

in a 3 round fight I pick Romero 5 rounds I think Anderson can wear him out

Romero has the wrestling to get it done

But prime Anderson had some magic

I'm picking Romero over any 185'er at the moment.

These threads seem to be popping up pretty frequently of late. I'd take prime Anderson Silva from 2006 to 2009 over any middleweight ever.

Last edited:
No because Chris weidman outboxed Romero for 1 round. I bet prime Silva would maul him on the feet. Look how cabo Silva survived under Cormier.

2017 Silva is going to be knocked out by a WW in a few months.

Prime? I think he beats Romero.

Anderson could highlight-reel KO Yoel, as well as Yoel could knock Anderson's head off with a knee or wrestle-fuck him.
I don't like to pick a scenario here, but it'd be a good fight.

No because Chris weidman outboxed Romero for 1 round. I bet prime Silva would maul him on the feet. Look how cabo Silva survived under Cormier.
I can't believe this is a question.

Prime Anderson murks all.

prime Silva on the feet and prime Fedor in the ring are unbeatable. End of thread.

Foolhardy to pick any 185er against prime Silva, in fact there's only handful of 205ers that have a shout against prime Silva. Silva by highlight reel KO.

This is what I am thinking Silva with like a few weeks notice manage to survive Cormier for 3 rounds in a 5 round fight Romero could get really tired and get tagged bad.

Back