Everyone saying Demetrious needs to move up a weight class

DJ is gonna have to move up when @BC makes his debut.

#BC2018
#Boomin

It's not about size. It's about skill. He is far too skilled to be fighting at 125 now. His legacy would grow more if he moved up. Just like Anderson wasn't too big to fight at MW people just felt he was too skilled for MW and GSP was too skilled for WW.

TS you're being a little silly.

The minute the fight ended, what did Tim say? Oh, yeah, shit, I can't make 125lbs, it's too much of a tough cut.

Tim is nowhere near good enough to defeat the big boys or even the middle of the pack, at 135lbs. Instead he forces himself down to try and utilize a size advantage.

Pretty much every other opponent DJ has had since his move to 125lbs, have all been his size.

I don't think he should move, but if he wants bigger fights, bigger challenges and wants to make more money, he needs to make the jump.

The minute the fight ended, what did Tim say? Oh, yeah, shit, I can't make 125lbs, it's too much of a tough cut.

- All 10 of Elliotts UFC bouts were at flyweight.
- In addition Elliott made 125 4 times in a short time frame on TUF
- Tim Elliott is also fighting at 125 again in 16 days.

So whose really being silly?

Demetrious needs to stay at Flyweight until someone beats him.

That's how this is supposed to work not go search for circus shit because fans have fucking a.d.d.

There are a shit load of Flyweight prospects on the horizon and they are all preparing for Mighty Mouse just like the girls were preparing for Ronda at 35.

Honestly, there's nothing left for MM at 125. He cleaned out the division and there is nothing left for him at FLW

At this point, he's just chasing records like Silva's

I'd think he'd do well at BW though, beating guys like TJ

LOL at ppl tripping because the champion is actually better than anyone in the division (currently).

It's not about size. It's about skill. He is far too skilled to be fighting at 125 now. His legacy would grow more if he moved up. Just like Anderson wasn't too big to fight at MW people just felt he was too skilled for MW and GSP was too skilled for WW.

With Anderson and Jones people wanted to see them fight without their usual height or reach advantage.

The difference with DJ is that he already doesn't carry any size advantage at flyweight. He's the 2nd shortest in the division.

Demetrious needs to stay at Flyweight until someone beats him.

That's how this is supposed to work not go search for circus shit because fans have fucking a.d.d.

There are a shit load of Flyweight prospects on the horizon and they are all preparing for Mighty Mouse just like the girls were preparing for Ronda at 35.
I agree. It's kind of s*** for a huge run to end via yay we found someone bigger then him. Someone will come along and naturally beat him using the right gameplan or skillset.

In fact for those paying attention MM has already had some close calls at 125. No one is unbeatable.

Last edited:
- All 10 of Elliotts UFC bouts were at flyweight.
- In addition Elliott made 125 4 times in a short time frame on TUF
- Tim Elliott is also fighting at 125 again in 16 days.

So whose really being silly?
Did Conor ever miss weight? No.

Did he EVER belong at 145lbs? No. Does he tower above 95% of 145lb fighters? Yes.

Just because he's cheating his body to get there doesn't mean he belongs there.

Tim is nowhere near good enough to defeat the big boys or even the middle of the pack, at 135lbs. Instead he forces himself down to try and utilize a size advantage.

Pretty much every other opponent DJ has had since his move to 125lbs, have all been his size.

I don't think he should move, but if he wants bigger fights, bigger challenges and wants to make more money, he needs to make the jump.

Nah give him a couple more defenses and you have enough hype to build on just records and accolades. He's also been finishing people so that's always a bonus. If he leaves 125 they have no stars.

Nah give him a couple more defenses and you have enough hype to build on just records and accolades. He's also been finishing people so that's always a bonus. If he leaves 125 they have no stars.
They have no stars now, he can't even break 200k in terms of PPV buys.

DJ's legacy will be just fine even if he doesn't move back up. However, after he sets the record for most title defense's, he should consider moving back. At this point, I think his skills have improved enough for him to be a legit challenge to the top 3 BW's. He did pretty well against Cruz years ago, and I believe he can do even better today.

TJ and Cody would present the biggest challenges, as they are both highly skilled strikers, who hit much harder than Dom.

DJ should move up just to test the waters against some middle games with name, like Anderson did.

Fight guys between 6-10 in the BW rankings. This would give FLW some time to try to get a deserving contender.

Back