Askren says he would Ragdoll Wonderboy, Charles Bennett talks about KOing Wanderlei, and Lombard....

AdamHunter

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score

In this episode Renato Laranja, and Alan Jouban join me in the studio to discuss the upcoming fights at UFC 210, Alan's recent loss to Gunnar Nelson, King Mo vs Rampage and much more. Charles "Felony" Bennett calls in and talks about his backstage Pride fight with Wanderlei Silva and goes OFF on Wanderlei and also discusses his numerous prison stints. Ben Askren calls in and talks about OneFC, how he would ragdoll WonderBoy, why he's not in the UFC and more. Then Hector Lombard calls in and goes off on Bisping. Hope you enjoy the show.
Adam

Always lubz me some

8Lev6Mi.gif

No he won't. He'd just ragdoll cans and then retire without fighting in UFC.

who tha fook is Askern? I don't remember training him ... <.<

"suck my balls" - kenny florian

Last edited:
Askren needs to just STFU, and I'm one of his biggest fans on these boards. He has no intention of ever fighting in the UFC. His entire career will go down as one big "what if?"

Askren won't be able to just go for relentless TD's against Thompson like he does against nobodies. He'd have to set them up with strikes, and he has zero stand-up.

He's a great wrestler but just shooting without setting it up with strikes against Thompson doesn't work anymore. His TDD has become pretty good and his style and speed will be difficult for Askren to deal with.

I think Thompson gives him the Hendricks treatment at this point. Askren will be too slow and his nonexistent stand-up will get him into trouble. Maybe a few years ago he would win and I wouldn't completely count him out today, but Thompson has improved a lot and I believe he'd finish him in the 1st now.

Woodley got him down because he can strike, not because he's just that great at taking people down. This is not the same Thompson that fought Matt Brown, this is somebody else entirely in terms of TDD and such.

Thompson finishes Askren today. Desperate TD's aren't going to work, just like in his last fight where he poked his opponent in the eye. Askren couldn't get him down and was getting VERY sloppy and desperate. That won't get him anywhere against Thompson.

Wonderboy via KO/TKO in the 1st, would be surprised if it went to the 2nd.

Inb4 haters.

Oh, and people saying Askren sucks are dumb. He's actually very good. Just because you dislike him, doesn't mean he's no good. He's one of the best wrestlers/grapplers in MMA. He used to just lay on people but he smashed the last couple guys he fought and did it very easily (except the eye poke stoppage).

Yes he would lol. Askren would destroy Wonderboy lol.

I think he would too. The MMA world is going to be robbed of Maia-Askren.

Oh and if Maia taps out Masvidal in the first...

...he still won't fight for the belt. Ben Akren will never fight in the ufc; Maia will never fight for the title.

Not a big fan of Askren but I think he would do good in the UFC. You can't deny that his wrestling skills are extremely explosive and well spoken.

Do we believe that Crazy Horse KO'd Wanderlei?

it was a sucker punch, i would imagine if Crazy Horse threw a good punch at an off guard Wand it would at least wobble him
what i find stupid is that people actually think Crazhose would actually stand a chance in a straight fight with Wand

it was a sucker punch, i would imagine if Crazy Horse threw a good punch at an off guard Wand it would at least wobble him
what i find stupid is that people actually think Crazhose would actually stand a chance in a straight fight with Wand

Fight ends after head butts and soccer kicks/stomps. Point blank period. Also Not sure if Crazyhorse could take a single one of wands punches...Wand has some fucking power and he's huge.

Krazy Horse = the ODB of MMA

Askren from 2012-13, maybe. I respect him for resisting the Zuffa tune all those years where there was talk about him coming over. At the same time these last couple of years of him fighting bottom of the barrel comp have hurt him, besides financial reason, he's gotten nothing out of it and in turn has progressed in his fighting game.

Askren has to stay stuff like this to try and get his name out and make a few dimes. Sad, really.

Back