Edson Barboza talks Conor McGregor on a brazilian tv program

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score

This part of the video they´re only analyzing his victory over Dariush and how they had watched his tapes and noticed his pattern using the jab and takedown. But later on in the program they ask him about the future of the LW division and his strategy for a possible match up against Conor:

“Me perguntam sobre a categoria, tenho mais de dez vitórias nessa divisão, o Khabib e o Ferguson também. O Conor tem uma luta e é o campeão, e não quer defender o título. Para mim, ele não é campeão. O verdadeiro campeão sairá da disputa de cinturão interino. A estratégia de sempre: sair na porrada em pé. Se tivesse a chance de lutar contra ele, eu falaria: “Bicho, nem precisa treinar defesa de queda, porque não vou tentar te derrubar. Vou ficar em pé e vamos nos bater”.

"People ask me about the division, I have more than 10 wins in the division and Khabib and Ferguson have many consecutive wins as well. Conor has one fight and he is the champion and he doesn´t want to defend it. For me he´s not the champion. The real champion will be the winner of the interim title fight. My strategy against Conor would be the same, stay on the feet and strike. If I had the chance to fight him, I´d tell him: don´t even bother training TDD, because I´m not gonna try to take you down. I´m gonna keep it standing and we´re gonna beat each other up."

So, who wins? The best Kicker? Or the best boxer?

barboza-etim_finish.gif
giphy-downsized-large-213554.gif

Barboza by barbaric bamboozling beat down, Joe

<Goldie11>
<{jackyeah}>

Barboza gets brutalized by Conor imo. Khabib and Ferguson woukd wreck Conor though.

You and I have been on the same side of a lot of Conor-related arguments, but when I see gifs of him sauntering away from Nate all I think is "fucking chase him you lazy cunt." Can't blame him for the Diaz moderate-under-all-circumstances pace.

I love Barboza and hate Connor's gut, but I would bet on Connor on this one.

Barboza's HEAD MOVEMENTTTTT is not as good as it can be.. for that reason I am out.

Barboza has no chin, he'd get knocked out by a jab

1st round KO for Conor, quite an easy fight for Conor.

Barboza is an amazing striker, but he has way too many holes in his defense that Conor can exploit, and his chin is suspect. Not a good combination when dealing with a fighter who possess the kind of timing, and power Conor does. Conor stretches him within 2.

Back