What is the UFC/WME going to do if Connor retires?

liteitup

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Connor has said before that his goal is to get in get rich and get out.So now that the Mayweather fight looks like it will happen he certainly will get to achieve that goal.UFC might be an after thought to him at that time.He might go make movies ect.So what is Ari Emanuel and Patrick Whitesell ect going to do if he leaves.Mcgregor is half of there ppv sales alone.He is the only fighter right now that I will pay to see. 5- 10 years ago i used to buy lots of ppvs probably becuase the fighters were getting pushed the right way then .I like watching fighters in there Prime like Anderson ect.I dont think the Ufc can get bigger milking over the hill star fighters.So without fighters like Mcgregor new whole package fighters the new ufc maybe in serious revenue trouble.Thoughts?

Keep on rolling?

Move the fuck on. No sport stops for one man or woman. If McGregor wants to stay, good. Defend your belt. If he wants to leave, good riddance.

chris-morris-jumps-out-window-o.gif

strip naked and wear a pillowcase on their heads and run into the street?

I hate white belts.

What do you want us to say...
If Conor retires UFC/WME will shut down.

The Ferttitas conned WME.

Maybe not, but I think you're right. They definitely sold at the right time at least. The one upside though is internationally. If they can find a way to tap into Russia/China, could be talkin big money.

Not only is he half of their ppv sales, he is actually more when you consider the wave of interest he generates, like how people will watch contender fights in his division. The same thing happened with Brock, when he left, total viewership went down. I think the Fertittas knew this but did not disclose in order to sell at maximum peak. The sport is built on stars, it is the difference between 5 million watching a FOX card and 500k.

if connie retires the ufc will have to close shop

UFC created Mcgregor, not the other way around. Same with Rousey. They'll find another star. People act like MMA wasn't on a meteoric rise before Conor. If Conor peaked in the sport in 2005 or 2006, would he be anywhere near the level he's at now?

give someone else who talks shit favourable matchups to fast track them to the title and then let them do whatever they want without defending the belt

They will likely keep operating while slowly losing money and fan base, then sell out to Zuffa who will buy it for a fraction they sold it for. McGregor may even be able to buy them out.

maxresdefault.jpg

chris-morris-jumps-out-window-o.gif

What about a human clone?Imagine,at one press.conf. Conor and his 10 identical twins..

Did NBA die when Jordan retired?
Did boxing die when Ali started losing?
People come & go....life goes on.

Back