Bisping vs Nick Diaz? Trash Talk Epicness? Why has it never happened

RogerD

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I think Bisping was never a big enough a name for Nick Diaz when he returned to UFC..

Diaz fought BJ Penn, Condit (carried the hype for Interim Belt), lost and fought GSP for the Belt anyhow, then Anderson Silva.

And now Diaz's been sitting out waiting for a money fight, if Bisping loses (he won't) to GSP- I say make the Bisping-Diaz match.

Otherwise yeah Bisping is facing Yoel in 2018 after GSP.. gotta swallow that pill

Yeh great idea lets make the real contenders wait yet again for a pointless fight that not many people want to see.

good idea TS I like it.......

Nick doesn't want to get his lead leg kicked off.

Yeh great idea lets make the real contenders wait yet again for a pointless fight that not many people want to see.

I would love to see that fight... Just not for the title I completely agree on that

I don't want to see a Diaz fight wasted on Bisping. Pass.

Diaz would never fight Pissbing for the same reason he wouldn't fight Mayhem: Scurred!

Nick is too small to actually fight someone the size of Pissbing.

Because Nick isn't an MMA Fighter anymore? He's a socialite now.

Aint that normal today?

I think Bisping was never a big enough a name for Nick Diaz when he returned to UFC..

Diaz fought BJ Penn, Condit (carried the hype for Interim Belt), lost and fought GSP for the Belt anyhow, then Anderson Silva.

And now Diaz's been sitting out waiting for a money fight, if Bisping loses (he won't) to GSP- I say make the Bisping-Diaz match.

Otherwise yeah Bisping is facing Yoel in 2018 after GSP.. gotta swallow that pill

Nick wanted it at 180, Mike said he wanted it at 185, so it didn't happen.

Nick doesn't want to get his lead leg kicked off.

Besides the Condit fight, that's never actually happened to Nick before. Like Nate, he's not he best at checking kicks (their stance makes them very susceptible to them), but he's never really been chopped down before. Nate had never been chopped down until the RDA fight, and he was in terrible shape that night - injured rib, overweight, etc. No excuses, RDA would've won either way, just saying that was not the best Nate, in fact it was basically the worst Nate vs. the best RDA.

Condit and Cyborg are the closest to doing it, but Bisping won't use a strategy like Condit (moving away, throwing weak kicks most of the time) and he isn't nearly as aggressive as Cyborg, nor does he load up with power in his kicks like him either. Nick is susceptible to kicks as I already said, but Bisping has never favoured that style.

It's also not as easy to chop the Diaz bros down with kicks like so many think - there's a reason only RDA could do it to Nate, and Condit and Cyborg are the only ones to have tons of success with it against Nick, it's because they're often good at neutralizing them with their forward pressure and aggressiveness/volume.

Bisping could/likely would have some success with leg kicks, but going for those so often really isn't Bisping's style. I can see him trying to box with Nick more than anything out of pride and ego.

Bisping/Nick is actually a great matchup stylistically and is, believe it or not, one of the more winnable MW fights for him. Bisping's current, more aggressive style of today would lead Nick to fight more like he used to when he was boxing peoples' face and body up.

It'd be a very good fight. I'm not saying Nick would win, just that it's a great matchup for him and it is winnable for him. Nick is better than so many give him credit for on here. He lost his last couple but look at who he fought. Judging Nick as a fighter based on the last few he's lost is not a very good indication of how good he is or not.

He fought Condit, a fight many believe he won (I gave it to Condit, but it was a damn close fight still). He fought GSP, a guy that's basically unbeatable and past-prime Silva is still no joke today. Let's not forget Silva was loaded up on every PED you can think of in that fight, too. Losing to Condit, GSP and Anderson fucking Silva is nothing to be ashamed of and not a good way to say somebody is a good fighter or not.

Condit and Silva fights were very competitive. GSP dominated but Nick even stopped more TD's in that fight than basically everybody GSP ever fought, which is proof that his TDD isn't as bad as so many say it is, it's not great but it's not terrible like Condit's. Nick isn't going to be world champ, but he's still a great fighter whether people want to accept that or not. Don't let my username fool you either - the Diaz bros may be my favourite fighters, but I don't make them into something they're not, I'm realistic about them.

I'd love to see Bisping vs. Nick, but I highly doubt it will ever happen. Nick obviously doesn't deserve it based on rankings and due to losing his last few/not winning for years, but you know how the UFC is - they want the biggest fights, the most money possible, and Nick/Bisping would be a pretty decent fight in that aspect and also very, very fun to watch because of how they match-up.

Nick/Bisping would be a fucking war.

Sorry for the long post, Mr. Barbarian.

Last edited:
Nick wanted it at 180, Mike said he wanted it at 185, so it didn't happen.

But everyone calls gsp a coward and nick diaz fearless! Anderson is not a coward either even though he called out mcgregor.

Only gsp is allowed to be a coward on sherdog

maybe becaue Nick Diaz didnt win a fight since 2011 how bout that?

If Bisping beats GSP, you'll get your wish. Because Nick is exactly the kind of MW contender that Bisping would want to fight.

all in the name of "trash talk epicness"

<{cruzshake}>

Would have been more exciting and made more sense since rankings mean nothing anymore

Are you stupid? If Bisping loses, then make GSP vs Nick Diaz II! The last time GSP cheated! He's overweight and they still allowed him to fight!

Back