How can Conor be considered GOAT when he has lost more than once?

mmacasualviewer

Hardcores vs Casuals
@red
Reaction score
His wiki page says he's lost other fights this decade.

Fedor did a 10 year stint then a 5 year stint of lossless.

Mike Tyson lost 6 times and he's considered one of the GOAT, also Ali lost fights too. just because Conor has lost 3 times, doesn't mean someday he can't be labeled as one of the GOAT.

Genuine losses can be tolerated right at the start and end of a GOAT's career, but in the middle? Not so much

Mike Tyson lost 6 times and he's considered one of the GOAT, also Ali lost fights too. just because Conor has lost 3 times, doesn't mean someday he can't be labeled as one of the GOAT.

tyson isnt really a goat to true boxing fans. they love him but hes only a top 15 HW of all time. boxing has a deep history.

Outside of his Helmet Inhalers, he's NOT considered GOAT.

ZERO defenses

W/L can't be the only parameter. One could simply fight bums forever and be undefeated. And in fact that's the big concern with caring so much about W/L alone (or weighted above all else). It should be about what you accomplish overall. People lose fights. The sport doesn't have unmarked careers unless they're cut short or dubious.

Dan Henderson has a legitimate (albeit outside shot) claim for GOAT given all he's accomplished in MMA. The sheer number of top guys he's beat is unparalleled throughout the decades he fought. But.... let's be real... W/L still does hold weight, even if not as much as some pretend it does.

In my book Fedor is GOAT. Aldo, Anderson, GSP, Jones are close behind and the order is pretty impossible to truly calculate. And frankly if someone throws a different name up front with the rest behind him I'm not mad at them. I disagree, but I'm not mad at'm. That's why I always say "GOAT Cloud". They're all just awesome.

Outside of his Helmet Inhalers, he's NOT considered GOAT.

ZERO defenses

Title defenses are meaningless, actually the more defenses a fighter has the less he should be considered a GOAT

A true GOAT will always challenge himself in unchartered territory (moving to different weight classes)

He hasn't fought and reigned long enough to even be considered the GOAT yet.

obody with a brain would ever claim such a thing.

He is the GOAT. that is all.

It is the only path.

Losses don't mean as much as title defenses do

Title defenses are meaningless, actually the more defenses a fighter has the less he should be considered a GOAT

A true GOAT will always challenge himself in unchartered territory (moving to different weight classes)
STFU with your apologetic excuses

Title defenses are meaningless

Look at what Conor did to Aldo

GOATness = dominance over time

Plenty of guys reached the top. Not a lot of them are able to hang there for a prolonged period of time by defending their title multiple times.

Conor is the GOAT. If you don't agree you're a blind hater.

He is the GOAT. that is all.

It is the only path.
What a roller coaster ride that was. Would do it again.

cant be considered GOAT if he never defends a title against the number 1 contender

He avenged his only loss.

The two losses outside of the UFC don't count, cuz it was really early in his career.

So basically Conor is undefeated, which is more than YOUR THREAD can say...!!

Last edited:
Back