Who has the best wrestling in MMA? (all time)

I do.. and Ronda.

GSP, CAIN, The Rock and that old Asian lady who fought that dude named Gabi in Japan.

Yoel Romero, period.

Not only are his credentials great, but his wrestling in MMA is phenomenal.

Ben Askren. He is light years above any of them

Kevin Jackson, no doubt.

That's probably the right answer. Alexander Karelin and Rulon Gardener are each 1-0 in MMA. Askren was a little off during his Olympic run.

Lesnar could do crazy stuff in NCAA.

Yoel Romero, period.

Not only are his credentials great, but his wrestling in MMA is phenomenal.
Gotta disagree. Some of the best credentials around, but his wrestling has taken a long time to get working at higher levels. It was so bad at one point, that his takedown heavy match against Tavares, where he was ragdolling Brad everywhere brought his takedown percentage under the zuffa banner up to less than 30%.

GSP and Jones.

GSP or Jon Jones imo lol at people saying Yoel he gets taken down lots. Pretty sure Markes took him down, Brunson was straight up outwrestling him, weidman took him down.. Yoel has great offensive wrestling and credentials but mma na he ain't the best he's really good though. Hendricks have to be up their too, pretty sure only Rick Story really outwrestled Hendricks his entire career.

Gotta disagree. Some of the best credentials around, but his wrestling has taken a long time to get working at higher levels. It was so bad at one point, that his takedown heavy match against Tavares, where he was ragdolling Brad everywhere brought his takedown percentage under the zuffa banner up to less than 30%.
What?

We're talking about now, here, today, at this point.

GSP or Jon Jones imo lol at people saying Yoel he gets taken down lots. Pretty sure Markes took him down, Brunson was straight up outwrestling him, weidman took him down.. Yoel has great offensive wrestling and credentials but mma na he ain't the best he's really good though. Hendricks have to be up their too, pretty sure only Rick Story really outwrestled Hendricks his entire career.
Jones was taken down by Gus, sooooooo.

Khabib pre-tiramisu...

Jones was taken down by Gus, sooooooo.
He popped right back up too. Jones has never once been outwrestled soundly in mma I don't think. It's easy to hate Jones but he's a really really really good mma wrestler, as proven against DC. I don't think GSP has ever outwrestled anyone even close to the caliber of wrestler as Cormier in MMA. Jones straight up beat him at his own game, and Cormier was considered one of the best wrestlers in all of mma at the time, and still is. If anything Gustafson caught Jones off guard with the takedown, not trying to discredit him but I wouldn't say getting taken down and popping right back up is being "outwrestled"

MMA wise GSP and Jones

Wrestling wise DC, Romero, Askren

Even though I can't stand the guy Its still GSP.His takedown to not being taking down ratio is crazy.

There isn't one person IMO.

GSP, Askren, Yoel are the top three that come to mind. Maybe others if I gave it some more thought.

Back