Michael Bisping vs GSP will NOT happen in July according to Kenny Florian.

shonuf

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Via UFC Tonight.

Kenny said he knows the fight will NOT happen in July. Said GSP wants to wait.

"So Michael Bisping I guess we're going to find out if you're fight Yoel Romero very soon."

Tyron Woodley also offered to step in and fight him on the July 8th card.

edit. Not meaning the fight is off. GSP wants Sept or Oct. (Rumor)

Now Bisping has to choose Romero in July or wait for GSP.

Last edited:
It sounds like GSP called Bisping's bluff. What are the chances that he keeps his word and fights Romero now? I'm saying slim to none.

So Yoel it is then!

giphy.gif

Didn't they already have a presser for it?

yeah. But they just said at a future date.

They wanted to get it in on July 8th at international fight week in Vegas but now GSP apparently wants Sept. or Oct. and Bisping is saying he doesn't want to have to sit out a full year between fights.

They wanted to get it in on July 8th at international fight week in Vegas but now GSP apparently wants Sept. or Oct. and Bisping is saying he doesn't want to have to sit out a full year between fights.

What is the earliest date GSP can clear the USADA requirements? Does he have to be in their pool 4 months? If so, 4 months from what date? Anyone know?

My understanding was he entered the pool but when the UFC couldn't come to terms with him, he left the pool. So, I assume he could have only re-entered the pool sometime around when Dana announced they resigned Georges.

@dimspace
@Pacemaker Joe

Well Hes sure as hell not going to sign to fight Yoel and risk losing this fight... So it will happen when GSP wants it to

Do you think GSP will want to fight Romero for the title of he beats Bisping? I'm thinking not. Talk about a stylistic nightmare.

It would work out for the best if Bisping fought Romero and GSP went back to 170, but Mike is full of it and will make himself look stupid by going back on his work and ducking Yoel.

Do you think GSP will want to fight Romero for the title of he beats Bisping? I'm thinking not. Talk about a stylistic nightmare.

Yeah, one guy gasses and one guy doesn't. Let me know when you have seen Georges sit on the stool after a round started unprepared to engage in the fight.

September is the earliest GSP can fight due to 6 months of USADA testing.

I didn't even know it was possible to sign to a fight but not a date.

It sounds like GSP called Bisping's bluff. What are the chances that he keeps his word and fights Romero now? I'm saying slim to none.
You are correct sir. They guy who fought the #13 ranked MW in his first title defense would rather go with the big money fight vs. a natural WW who hasn't fought in 3 or 4 years vs. a beast who hits hard like dynamite and has Olympic wrestling pedigree.

Back