What level athlete do you consider CM Punk?

VanMMA

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
sn_g_punk01jr_576x874.jpg

Now I believe most of us would agree that CM Punk is not a very good fighter.

However, when I read here that an 'A-level athlete' like Lebron James would do well in the UFC, it makes me wonder how most of you would rate CM Punk as an athlete?

I believe Punk's high-flying pro-wrestling style takes quite a bit of athleticism and coordination. Not to mention, he has demonstrated a lot more durability than someone like Lebron.

Just wondering.

is there like at least one serious person on sherdog?

He is unathletic by pro wrestling standards. That should answer your question about him regarding MMA.

Artem Lobov level of athlete. So A+

So there's an A Level and a B level and a C level and a D level and a E level and a F level and a G level and a H level and a I level and a J level and a K level.

Well i would say he is a Z+ level athlete!

tumblr_obo4f8iRfP1qd4esao2_r1_500.gif

tenor.gif

Pre-injuries in his WWE prime - C level.

Currently - Average Sherdog poster level.

As low as it gets. In all honesty, most sherdoggers are probably more athletic than him

Athletes have to compete, I think. And I don't think WWE is that much of a physical contest between people (because it's fake; it's not a fucking contest)--so based on his athletic endeavors.........

Z-level.

I have a treadmill, bench, a universial, and some free weights @home level athlete...

0 Level

For clarity, that is a zero, not the letter 'O'

Athletes have to compete, I think. And I don't think WWE is that much of a physical contest between people (because it's fake; it's not a fucking contest)--so based on his athletic endeavors.........

Z-level.

Professional wrestling is really fucking psychically demanding and youll find no shortage of MMA fighters who said pro wrestling is harder. No, I'm not a pro wrestling fan either but you're nuts if those dudes dont bust their asses and the matches themselves can go terribly wrong.

Just because its a predetermined outcome doesn't mean the performers are not athletes. Thats just ignorant.

Professional wrestling is really fucking psychically demanding and youll find no shortage of MMA fighters who said pro wrestling is harder. No, I'm not a pro wrestling fan either but you're nuts if those dudes dont bust their asses and the matches themselves can go terribly wrong.

Just because its a predetermined outcome doesn't mean the performers are not athletes. Thats just ignorant.

I'm not trying to downplay that you'd need skill and athleticism to be a wwe wrestler. I know how brutal it is, too. So I'm not ignorant of the physical demands this form of entertainment requires.

It's a matter of definitions. To me an athlete competes physically against other athletes in a contest. Since the outcomes are predetermined in pro wrestling, the competition for victory is taken away, thus it's no longer a contest. Since the only athletic competition cm punks been in was that fight with Mickey Gall--that's all we have to go with, and he didn't show much and his training videos didn't show much of a competing athlete.

In prowrestling its more "you against you" on what you can do. Like jumping off the top ropes to the outside, high risk stuff etc. Punk could do that and not break his neck. As a stuntman. Hes an A+. As an athlete, hes D-. Just because a stuntman can go through break away glass, get covered in fire, jump off a bridge onto an air matress type thingy, doesn't mean the stuntman can fight. Yes it takes a certain level of athleticism sure. But its more to do with choreography and timing. Thats where CM Punk thrives. In a more scripted controlled environment.

Back