Glover Teixeira following Chuck Liddell's approach to MMA retirement

TheHNICuLuv2Hate

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
UFC Fight Night 109's Glover Teixeira following Chuck Liddell's approach to MMA retirement

“I’m going to say like (former UFC champ) Chuck (Liddell) used to say: The day I wake up and don’t feel like going to the gym anymore, then that’s the day I’m going to quit fighting,” Teixeira told reporters at today’s UFC Fight Night 109 news conference. “Until then I’m going to keep fighting. … I love this sport, I wish I could do it forever. I know eventually I will have to stop, and hopefully I won’t be one of those fighters that’s knocked out and not so good any more and past their prime and everything. But I’m feeling great so I don’t have a plan to stop yet.”

“With my age and my loss to Johnson I haven’t shown enough,” Teixeira said. “You know the fight game, though. You have a good performance, and everybody thinks you’re ready, you’re going to win the title and be the champion. You lose, and everybody starts doubting you. So from my point of view I don’t feel like the underdog. I feel like I’m going to go over there and take this fight. Otherwise I wouldn’t take the fight. I think (the odds are) fair.”

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/03/ufc-fi...ing-chuck-liddells-approach-to-mma-retirement

What is he talking about? If he were to take Chuck's approach to retirement he will fight until Dana forces him to retire because he is concerned for his brain health.

What is he talking about? If he were to take Chuck's approach to retirement he will fight until Dana forces him to retire because he is concerned for his brain health.

"Regardless of the result, though, the Brazilian plans to stick around the sport and will only walk away when he loses all interest in training or is forced to stop." Sounds like Liddell's approach to me.

After Chuck retired didn't he keep saying how he would like to come back but Dana wouldn't let him because he was seriously concerned for Chuck's health?

Some good words here.

I like watching both him and Gustafsson a lot, let the best man win, I guess.

He stops after looking at the roof lights too many times?

<6>

Thats whats chuck SAID,but it ultimatley wasnt what he did. He was forced out of fighting.

Glover seems like a super nice guy so I hope his health is okay & his MMA career continues to be successful.

After Chuck retired didn't he keep saying how he would like to come back but Dana wouldn't let him because he was seriously concerned for Chuck's health?
right,but he did say the statement Glover is referring to is how chuck had wanted to retire,and thats what Glover hopes he can do.

I like Glover and hope he doesn't go out like Chuck. Stay Healthy !!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back