Chael Sonnen: ‘Tito Ortiz is the worst fighter I ever fought and that makes me the worst fighter’

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Former UFC fighters Tito Ortiz and Chael Sonnen headlined the event, in which many had criticized for being a “fix”.

Ortiz subsequently announced his retirement after his rear naked choke submission win, which a good handful argued to be a face crank. Sonnen, for his part, was overly dissatisfied with how the entire fight went down, that he saw how people perceived it to be fixed.

“Oh, Tito is terrible. Tito was absolutely terrible,” Sonnen said during Monday’s Edition of The MMA Hour (via MMA Fighting). “I was in the fight with him and that fight ended and some people said it was a fixed fight, to use that term.”

“When you fight so poorly that some people can’t even imagine you fought that poorly that it has to be fixed, that’s not good. On some hands, it’s funny we can sit here and laugh about it. But that’s how bad it was.”

For Sonnen, getting beaten by a “terrible” Ortiz is something he criticizes himself for. He also seems to still have trouble getting by the manner of how the fight had ended.

“Tito sucks. I mean, Tito is so bad,” Sonnen said. “And when you lose to a guy, then you suck. That’s the way it works, man. I wouldn’t put that guy without putting myself down. Tito is the worst fighter I ever fought and that makes me the worst fighter. And I just didn’t know that about myself.”

“When we got into the back and he was still a jerk about it, that confused me. It’s like, Tito, you’re terrible. I’m the name that’s gonna move this company forward. You’ve gotta pass the torch.”

“I want to beat Tito that night, I don’t like Tito,” Sonnen continued. “I don’t want Tito to have a bad life. I don’t want him to go on with a bad neck. I just don’t.”

“You yelled ‘tap’ and I let go. I physically tapped and you didn’t let go. If that would have been my knee … or an arm or something, you really could have injured me.”

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/3/2...ito-ortiz-worst-fighter-bellator-170-mma-news

I'm glad Chael acknowledges that. I thought losing to Tito looked awful for him because Tito is worse than a shell of himself.

Tito has had 100 times the career Chael had, dude did nothing other than talk a bunch of shit
At least Tito truly was at the top of the game for a while

I always liked this about Chael. Losing means nothing to him, he keeps on trash talking just like before. He is definitely one of the smartest fighters in mma ever. He keeps people interested even though he is not that great of fighter.

He still has wins over Bisping, Stann and Shogun. Remember the good times, Chael!

That doesn't make you the worst fighter, what terrible logic. Although, Sonnen is a terrible fighter and Tito's bitch.

He still has wins over Bisping, Stann and Shogun. Remember the good times, Chael!
Bisping won that fight. Chapel greatest fight was beating anderson at his prime for 4 1/2'rds.

Chael has just become obsolete, it's going to be hilarious when his PPV does less than 300k after calling himself the king of Pay-per-view.

LOL at Chael thinking he is the one to 'Take Bellator Forward'. He is 39. He is 1-4 in his last 5 and was finished 4 times. He has won 1 fight in the last 5 years. He has finished 2 fighters in the last decade. And worst of all, he can't juice like he did before.

The Tito fight proved how poor a fighter Chael really is. He was prison raped sans lube by a 42 year old fighter several years removed from his real greatness.

He may have a bit better chance against Wandy, who is also older, more weathered, and has not fought in years. But Wandy was several orders of magnitude better than Chael, and probably still is even with the layoff. I think Chael will likely get his ass kicked again.

At least Conor backs up his big mouth with victories in key fights. But all Chael has ever been good at his running his mouth. His claim to fame is almost beating the GOAT before choking. And I still think to this day that Anderson did that just to fuck with him.

The fact that Chael is so popular does not bother me so much as it just confounds me. Why would people identify with and support a person that just runs their mouth extolling themselves and insulting others all the time, but has not achieved anything remotely resembling excellence. It's almost like that the interwebs has spawned millions of useless douchebag trolls, and they have all found their real life God to Worship.

Does anyone else find that quote hilarious?
That made me crack a smile at 7am. I don't think that's happened in...years. Possibly decades.
My first thought was that somehow Sonnen still finds a way to diss Tito after getting beat.

Delusional Sonnen is delusional. Tito is and always has been better than Chael.

I don't even like Tito and never have but it is a fact, he is and always was better.

chaels best wins are a meth'd out Paulo Filho, babalu pre neck tat, Stann, Bisping, hurt shogun and Nate Marquardt. His hype is the stuff of legends thats why he is such an asset to the world of mma. Dude has the quickest and sharpest wit of all time.

Back