Comparision...UFC = WWF (old name)...Bellator = WCW

zxyss25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
anyone else see the comparison

Bellator is...

-Building up the brand with former aging stars
-Making a couple key poaches away from the UFC, and focusing on building up a key division (WW), while ignoring other divisions (MW) where the UFC is strongest
-Appealing more toward entertainment, than competition.

Disagree with that one. WCW was putting on good matches no matter the personality. The crowd was going apeshit for matches with Dean Malenko. Meanwhile, WWF/WWE was all about the storyline and gimmick at the time.

I wish Bellator would mimic Strikeforce instead of being UFC Lite. Grab a few stars, sure but build your own talent and do what UFC is NOT doing. Put on the best possible fights, use the rankings to a tee and promote yourself as a legit sport and not a freak show like the UFC is becoming. Openly bash them as childish, bad for the fighters and a sideshow act.

It's true, it's damn true.

And that's the bottom line

Everybody come aboard the HOOOOOOE TRAIN

Bellator is...

-Making a couple key poaches away from the UFC, and focusing on building up a key division (WW), while ignoring other divisions (MW) where the UFC is strongest
Sage and Page are The Rock and Austin

WTF is this shit?

wwf was *is* fake... no comparison
And when you see fighters like Tyron Woodley winning screwjobs over Wonderboy, you don't question the possibility of the organization fixing decisions?

Disagree with that one. WCW was putting on good matches no matter the personality. The crowd was going apeshit for matches with Dean Malenko. Meanwhile, WWF/WWE was all about the storyline and gimmick at the time.

I wish Bellator would mimic Strikeforce instead of being UFC Lite. Grab a few stars, sure but build your own talent and do what UFC is NOT doing. Put on the best possible fights, use the rankings to a tee and promote yourself as a legit sport and not a freak show like the UFC is becoming. Openly bash them as childish, bad for the fighters and a sideshow act.
tumblr_inline_nqk2fyL8Cx1t6wg36_400.jpg

And when you see fighters like Tyron Woodley winning screwjobs over Wonderboy, you don't question the possibility of the organization fixing decisions?

wonderbra was looking to out point twood.. didn't happen

doodwood.jpg

WWE certainly has alot better action than that fight also.

It's say Bellator is more like a TNA

I don't even get how people reach so far to make comparisons to fake wrestling. It is completely different "entertainment".

Nope. Pride was WCW
UFC was WWF

UFC is now WWE
Bellator is TNA

WCW was my stuff man. Sting in the crow costume was awesome. I remember when he had to choose between the white and red NWO. Man...good times.

What are we talking about again?

Bellator is...

Ted Turner gave WCW an open checkbook to steal top names away from WWF.
Last I checked Conor, Ronda, Brock, GSP, etc are not in Bellator.

Also Viacom is not interested in going after UFC like Turner was interested in going after Vince.

Back