Andrei Valeryevich 'Pitbull' Arlovski returns against Tybura at FN 111, Singapore, 17th June

Who shall be victorious

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Concrete Whale

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

http://www.lowkickmma.com/UFC/andrei-arlovski-set-to-return-at-ufc-fight-night-111/

andrei-arlovski-640x426.jpg

Arlovski's career has had its ups and downs. In his last 10 fights he won six in a row, during which time he was re-signed to the UFC, then has lost his last four, all inside the distance, three TKOs and one sub, the first of his career. He's now 38 years old with 39 career fights, 25-14.

Marcin to be quite honest is one of these middle of the road younger HWs, all of whom UFC tries to sign so that the ones who turn out good don't end up in another organisation. He's 31 years old, 15-2 in his career and 2-1 in the UFC, lost a close decision to Timothy Johnson for his debut and then has KOed Pesta and TKOed Luis Henrique in his last two. I actually picked him to beat TJ and he did come into his own more and more as the fight went on, he is fast and his striking is sharp, he is also quite well rounded he does have a sub game.

So in terms of attributes the fight is quite well matched, they are both fast all rounders from the Eastern European school with crisp striking. Arlovski is ranked 9th and Tybura 14th. Arlovski would have destroyed Tybura a few years ago but at this point sadly I think I have to go with Tybura.

Marcin-Tybura.png

Last edited:
Tybura by easy KO.

Tybura could very well be a world champion. I don't anyone stopping him. A wrestler wouldn't be able to hold him down. A striker wouldn't be able to stop his takedowns. He's a nightmare.

poor Andrei.
He should quit and retire .
I mean, he lost his last 4 fights ,of which 3 by TKO and 1 by submission.
If that's not enought I don't know what is.

poor Andrei.
He should quit and retire .
I mean, he lost his last 4 fights ,of which 3 by TKO and 1 by submission.
If that's not enought I don't know what is.
I think Andrei will fight as long as his body lets him.

I'm afraid it will be another (T)KO loss for Andrei, it's getting hard to watch.

Tybura by easy KO.

Tybura could very well be a world champion. I don't anyone stopping him. A wrestler wouldn't be able to hold him down. A striker wouldn't be able to stop his takedowns. He's a nightmare.

Calm down fam, Tybura is a good dude and has potential but he went life and death with Tim Johnson.

I think this is a good fight for Arlovski after losing 4 straight. If he cant beat Tybura he should really consider retirement. Tybura is a solid fighter and will give Andrei problems in the clinch and on the ground but Arlovski will have a decent chance in the stand up exchanges.

Want to pick Tybura so badly, because Andrei is the definition of "shot", but Tybura lost to Timothy Johnson mate!?

Fuck that.

Andrei needs to call it a day though.

Arvloski because who the fook is that other guy?

Looks like Andrei is too much dependant on fame, money and women's attention.

Doesn't think about his health in a long-term.

I think you forgot to add his Catholic confirmation name to the thread title.

Arvloski because who the fook is that other guy?
Tybura is not a no one he is ranked 14th and is on 2 back to back (T)KO wins. Timothy Johnson, whom he narrowly lost to on his UFC debut, is ranked 13th and 3-2 in the UFC and knocked out Abdurakhimov in round one of his own UFC debut.

Picking Arlovski in this one. He has heavy and fast hands. Dont coun't this motherfucker out. I know he lost 4 in a row but all fights he lost are champion caliber fighters including current champ stipe.

Last edited:
AA's at a point where his bottom game isn't as sharp as it once was, aging strikers with a grappling background tend to get beat down at the end of their careers. Has to get it done on the feet, as IMO Tybura will mount him and stop him if he gets it to the ground.

This is a good fight for both guys. Tybura despite his two fight win streak hasn't been overly impressive in the UFC so far. So not only does he have a good chance to impress here but at the same time Arlovski has a more than beatable opponent. Because let's be honest he's faced a murder's row in his last few fights. Think Andrei picks up the win here by Knockout.

Tybura by TKO round 2

Arlovski can still put anyone out. Let's not act like he is getting knocked out by tomato cans here. Overeem, Ngannou and Stipe are killers.

This should be a good fight.

Back