Yoel Romero is the most explosive fighter in MMA history?

Suzpect

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Some fighters are strategic masterminds, others are technically sound, and a few are just physical freaks....

tumblr_nqifafECJV1tugoyjo2_400.gif

FrigidUnselfishBrahmancow.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

latest

The lower weight classes have a few - DJ, Dodson, Aldo, Chad, CoGar ...

But Yoel really stands out at MW, one of the heavier divisions and thus pillaged of supreme specimens by the big money sports before MMA gets its pick.

The lower weight classes have a few - DJ, Dodson, Aldo, Chad, CoGar ...

But Yoel really stands out at MW, one of the heavier divisions and thus pillaged of supreme specimens by the big money sports before MMA gets its pick.

Ya MW is probley the most stacked Division right now too.

Yoel is a MW that moves like Demetrious Johnson. Crazy.

i don't like him for getting caught on roids, refusing to get up in the kennedy fight, pouring water all over himself and then making stupid faces...

but god damn, is he athletic. you can criticise him for a million reasons, but that man can fight. apart from jacare, i can't think of anyone who could beat him at 185.

if only bisping wasn't too busy fighting non-contenders, yoel would be holding the belt already.

Randleman probably has the edge in that he was that bit larger but also very agile although in many ways I think Romero is an example of Randleman with more rounded technique and fighter fight IQ.

The big difference between these two and a lot of big wrestlers I would see is that they were both quick AND well coordinated meaning they could actually throw technically sound standup rather than sock em sock em stuff like say Lesnar.

He's and explosive fighter for sure, but so was Brock Lesnar and he had to carry 265 pounds.

Randleman probably has the edge in that he was that bit larger but also very agile although in many ways I think Romero is an example of Randleman with more rounded technique and fighter fight IQ.

The big difference between these two and a lot of big wrestlers I would see is that they were both quick AND well coordinated meaning they could actually throw technically sound standup rather than sock em sock em stuff like say Lesnar.

Randleman and technically sound stand ups

hmmmm

Definitely a rare breed of fighters. I just hope he gets his much deserved title shot soon.

Randleman and technically sound stand ups

hmmmm

Randleman obviously wasn't a great kickboxer but look at the way he threw punchs, smoother technique with his body behind them compared to Lesnar who basically threw mechanical arm punches.

The former I think had potentially to become a good deal better than he did as Romero has, the latter was never going to amount to much standing, at best a Carwin like level.

Lesnar could move quickly but he always looked clumsy.

Some fighters are strategic masterminds, others are technically sound, and a few are just physical freaks....

giphy.gif
That takedown on Tavarez is awesome, he blocked the knee attempt & just exploded forward.

Back