UFC is on the decline

liteitup

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
The company is a watered down product compared to what it used to be. I used to watch stream buy ppvs all the time since 2003.Pretty much all the cards were sick before the acquisition of the lighter weight classes and womens divisions.Nothing against these divisions it just forced the ufc to put on more and less exciting cards.Another thing is lack of new stars,I see the same fighters that were in there prime 5 to 10 years ago still headlining ppvs.Mcgregor is all they really got thats new, and he won't probably be around for long if he fights Mayweather. He will have more money from the Mayweather fight then the ufc will pay him for 5 fights.Ronda will probably never be champion again .Gsp is coming back and will help with revenue in the short term until people realise hes the same point fighting dry humper that he used to be.Jon jones will probably get in some kind of trouble again.I haven't been been watching the ufc that much in the past couple of years, who are these new fighters besides Mcgregor that will elavate the ufc.I see the ufc being like boxing less popular.New owners are suckers for paying 4Billion imo.

The company is a watered down product compared to what it used to be. I used to watch stream buy ppvs all the time since 2003.Pretty much all the cards were sick before the acquisition of the lighter weight classes and womens divisions.Nothing against these divisions it just forced the ufc to put on more and less exciting cards.Another thing is lack of new stars,I see the same fighters that were in there prime 5 to 10 years ago still headlining ppvs.Mcgregor is all they really got thats new, and he won't probably be around for long if he fights Mayweather. He will have more money from the Mayweather fight then the ufc will pay him for 5 fights.Ronda will probably never be champion again .Gsp is coming back and will help with revenue in the short term until people realise hes the same point fighting dry humper that he used to be.Jon jones will probably get in some kind of trouble again.I haven't been been watching the ufc that much in the past couple of years, who are these new fighters besides Mcgregor that will elavate the ufc.I see the ufc being like boxing less popular.New owners are suckers for paying 4Billion imo.
Wall of text, brah... not reading. Welcome to Sherdog, though.

I think they don't know how to build fighters

They gave Swanson to Choi when he should be fighting someone like Lamas at best

They gave a durable fighter to Sage - he would lose anyway one time or another but that durable dude was a terrible match up

They gave Nunes who right now is favorite over anyone but Cyborg to they second biggest star after getting wrecked a fight before

If you're not good enough, you won't be a star in the UFC. And I think Choi could be great but after a fight like that who knows what he is going to be like from now.

Last edited:
Maybe you're just not in to it anymore. There are always issue with how it's run but maybe you've out grown it.

I left football five years ago. It bores me now. I can't explain it.

Based on Bader's contract with Bellator (obviously I haven't read it)....I just can't see Viacom staying in for the long haul. I can't even imagine what they're paying Fedor. The PPV coming up will do middling-to-low numbers. Then what?

Showtime had a waaaaay better roster of talent and its ownership decided to cut and run.

UFC may be watered down with all of its events, but it's still...and will be our best MMA outlet.

They just had their two best years ever.
Things have peaks & valley's
UFC was dead after 2014 according to the experts on this forum, but the next two years had their best two years.

White belt + wall of text...

tenor.gif

<lorenzolaughinghisassoffgif>

Hey.. I have been here 10 years!

I'll say its certainly not on a peak right now.. And the new ownership is creating a lot of questions about where they are headed for sure. MMA is larger than the UFC. Maybe 5 or 10 years from now the mma landscape could be very different.

Starpower matters, Brock's done, Ronda lost twice in a row, Jon Jones hasn't been fighting.

Stipe needs to fight Cain or Jon Jones.

Didn't real
output_kmijgu-gif.206035

@The Great Macsby

Back