Justin Gaethje officially a free agent, sign here if you'd like to see him in the UFC

SUBLIME FAN

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
So Gaethje is officially a free agent. UFC needs to bring this guy over.

Gaethje vs Michael Johnson for his debut

Why Michael Johnson? Johnson will never be champ so having Gaethje, a potential champ, fighting a dangerous guy like Johnson is a bad idea.

Gaethje needs to be given an easier opponent like Cerrone in his first UFC fight.

I would like to see him in the UFC or Bellator.

Why Michael Johnson? Johnson will never be champ so having Gaethje, a potential champ, fighting a dangerous guy like Johnson is a bad idea.

Gaethje needs to be given an easier opponent like Cerrone in his first UFC fight.

I would like to see him in the UFC or Bellator.
Cerrone is an easier opponent than Johnson? Ok.

Plus Cerrone is a welterweight

Cerrone is an easier opponent than Johnson? Ok.

Plus Cerrone is a welterweight

When the WEC merged with the UFC Donald Cerrone, 155 at the time, was given a low ranked guy, a British guy... I'm not saying he should fight Cerrone. I'm saying he should get a lower ranked guy like Cerrone got when he came from WEC...

Now I remember that name. He had a brutal fight against buscape.
Great fight.
I just hope he usually doesn't take that much punishment.
He would be a great addition anywhere

Would love to see him in the UFC. Dude is an animal and his fights are always fun. Would be a great signing.

JBG's demand this happen. I don't care who he debuts against, just get him in that damn generic ass Reebok gear.
<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

this guy NEEDS to be in the UFC. but then again so does Askren and Larkin..

When the WEC merged with the UFC Donald Cerrone, 155 at the time, was given a low ranked guy, a British guy... I'm not saying he should fight Cerrone. I'm saying he should get a lower ranked guy like Cerrone got when he came from WEC...
Fair enough. I guess will Brooks didn't get a super high ranked guy in his debut either. Maybe someone like Evan Dunham, Jim Miller or Michel Prazeres

I'd like to see it but isn't he getting paid something pretty big in WSOF like 100k/100k?

If they won't pay Larkin I doubt they'll pay Gaethje

I would rather see Gaethje in Bellator. Even if he does well in the UFC, there is no guarantee he will rewarded. Bellator could make good use of him in their LW division. I've always wanted to see Justin fight Chandler.

giphy.gif

Gaethje vs Kevin Lee for me

I would rather see Gaethje in Bellator. Even if he does well in the UFC, there is no guarantee he will rewarded. Bellator could make good use of him in their LW division. I've always wanted to see Justin fight Chandler.
sick fight. I think Justin breaks Chandler in the later rounds.

Cowboy was a top 5 ranked LW with wins over Barboza, Alvarez, and Benson Henderson at LW. Yet he's lower ranked and easier than Johnson?

What-the-fuck-are-you-talking-about.gif
What he's trying (and failing) to say is that when Cerrone came to the UFC, even though he was a high ranked former title contender, he was matched up against a low ranked guy in Paul kelly.
He feels that gaethje should get a similar opponent, someone that gaethje can be showcased against.

sick fight. I think Justin breaks Chandler in the later rounds.
I agree. Chandler has the speed and power to do damage early but, if he can't put Justin away within three, he will gas out.

I really don't think Gaethje would have much success in the UFC.

Fair enough. I guess will Brooks didn't get a super high ranked guy in his debut either. Maybe someone like Evan Dunham, Jim Miller or Michel Prazeres

Excellent choices. Yeah Brooks got a guy that just beat Tim Means at 170, can't believe it...

Gaethje v. Dunham or Miller would be a good fight to see where he is.

What he's trying (and failing) to say is that when Cerrone came to the UFC, even though he was a high ranked former title contender, he was matched up against a low ranked guy in Paul kelly.
He feels that gaethje should get a similar opponent, someone that gaethje can be showcased against.

I don't think I failed the second time, but you did say it better, cheers.

Back