Michael Bisping is bipolar. His unlikely reign as champion = extended manic phase

notsojollyroger

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Bisping seems unstable. From his drunken press conference with GSP to his confrontation with Eddie Bravo, and now his plan to fight Yoel first, Bisping seems to be overextending himself. Anyone else see this?

I think his give-a-fuck is completely gone now. His career/ascension to the belt is one of the most incredible stories in the history of this sport, and will likely not be duplicated.

He knows this, so he's just wilding out with reckless abandon.

4b6325e8e7d1533d717c7d147ed8d140.jpg

Just enjoying his reign as champ till he has to face someone that isn't over 40. Good for Mike.

Or the pressure of being a champion is just getting to him.

Mike is the greatest champion and was always destined to be King of MMA.

I think his give-a-fuck is completely gone now. His career/ascension to the belt is one of the most incredible stories in the history of this sport, and will likely not be duplicated.

Agree. Good answer. He did it. He got his belt. That's what he wanted all along. Now he values family much more than fighting, he's beat up from having had a long arduous career, and I think he's just coasting now, that is, not so uptight and serious anymore, more relaxed and savoring his accomplishments. Won't be surprised if GSP gets the win because Bisping is this way.

GSP is a great last fight for Bisping because GSP won't inflict a beating like a Yoel likely would, will finesse a victory, leaving Michael relatively unscathed. Or, Bisping will win because of a size-power advantage, then retire on top. If he loses, nobody can ever take his champ status away from him, that is, he'll forever be a champ - he's reached the top of his mountain - and he knows it. Celebrating a little early maybe, but it's good to see him happy. He'll be ready for GSP, BELIEVE YOU ME.

He has always had an inflated sense of self-importance; I would go with personality disorder over bipolar.

And for someone who says he fights anyone that the UFC tells him too, if sure seems like he calls all of his own shots for match ups.

Man it's not that unlikely, he's not the first guy to fluke out and upset the champ, and it's nowhere near as crazy as Serra doing it to GSP.

Only difference, Serra had the balls to defend it against real contenders.

Man it's not that unlikely, he's not the first guy to fluke out and upset the champ, and it's nowhere near as crazy as Serra doing it to GSP.

Only difference, Serra had the balls to defend it against real contenders.

Serra hadn't previously lost badly to GSP, nor was he on days-notice for the fight while up shooting a commercial or movie or some shit.

Serra's story is great, no doubt, but Bisping grinding that long and coming in on short notice to shock the world is a better story IMO.

Serra hadn't previously lost badly to GSP, nor was he on days-notice for the fight while up shooting a commercial or movie or some shit.

Serra's story is great, no doubt, but Bisping grinding that long and coming in on short notice to shock the world is a better story IMO.
Yeah, they're both very unlikely, I just thought Bisping was at least a fringe top 10 for most of his career and Luke was on his first title defense.

Serra wasn't even on the radar, and George was in the middle of his GOAT reign.

Calling Bisping bipolar is an excuse. He's a supreme douchebag with a supreme lack of confidence, despite being the goddamn UFC MW champ.

Back