UFC 76 "KNOCKOUT"

The Moloko man

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
UFC 76 which held the subtitle "KNOCKOUT"(back when the events used to have subtitles)
Had fights featuring Shogun,
chuck liddell(against jardine no less), Rumble Johnson and jeremy stephens.....yet the PPV didnt feature a single KO(tko or otherwise)
Is this the most ironically titled ufc in history?????
Ufc76.jpg

<JonesLaugh>

UFC 125: RESOLUTION

Frankie and Maynard fight to a draw

Old news you conor fan

UFC 74: RESPECT

"Despite winning his bout, Sobral was fined $25,000 by the Nevada State Athletic Commission because he did not immediately follow referee's directions for releasing his chokehold after Heath tapped"

Wow...no "Brocktober" reference yet?

What's going on, Sherbruhs?

They built that card to be about Liddell coming back "better than ever" from the Rampage defeat. Jardine's prior fight was the Houston Alexander annihilation, so they fully expected a vintage Liddell KO.

"Despite winning his bout, Sobral was fined $25,000 by the Nevada State Athletic Commission because he did not immediately follow referee's directions for releasing his chokehold after Heath tapped"

This one beats the TS'.

i am still really impressed how griffin walked through a prime shogun. career defining moment for sure, along with battering rampage for the belt.

lol ## pride never die!!

also, i still think diego beat fitch.

#comeatme

i am still really impressed how griffin walked through a prime shogun. career defining moment for sure, along with battering rampage for the belt.

lol ## pride never die!!

#comeatme
Everybody knows that Shogun was just coming off knee surgery and a long lay off. He wasn't in his best form. The outcome of the rematch supports this view.

lol ## pride never die!!

#comeatme
All I remember was Rua tapping in 3rd and half of the arena went bat-shit while the other half- well you just saw alot of open mouths in disbelief.....and Griffin saying in post fight victory " how shogun s people were dog-ging- him all week"

In the post fight interview they asked Renato why he did that:

"he called me motherfucker!"

mind your manners dawgies

Everybody knows that Shogun was just coming off knee surgery and a long lay off. He wasn't in his best form. The outcome of the rematch supports this view.

*yawn*

oh yes, the knees and the lay off.

I forgot that shogun was undefeated when he or his fans wanted to be and that the fights that really count are the ones he wanted to win.

ce92f9729a6daa3970ed36b347c7d22107f4e746596277a529a88d3e344c26d9.jpg

UFC 43: Meltdown
(Iceman vs the Natural) is in the runnings (Randy was supposed to be a sacrificial lamb, but Chuck got unexpectedly melted)

I bet 200 bucks on Forrest that night, who was +300 against Shogun (so I made 600 bucks). Good times

Back