Just Watched Cain v Werdum Again

Final Say

So Icey Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Sea level cain is such a fuckin myth, that guy did not slow down until his face was battered and bloody. Ive seen the fight 5 times now and always come to the same conclusion. He wasnt gassing, he was getting his ass whooped badly. When your nose is flat, youre getting beat up and you have blood in your mouth, youre liable to gas quick. Same exact thing would have happened in Vegas.

Oh and also, cain has NO HOPE of beating stipe standing up. zilch. his ONLY path to victory is on the ground.

Stripe gets knocked down every fight and has been tko by Struve of all people

2 years layoff Cain

Also Pre USADA Werdum was looking good. Now I have even Rockhold by finish

Werdum is a terrible matchup for Cain but a healthy and in shape Velasquez is the baddest man on the planet.

LOLed at "NO HOPE". This is HW and Stipe was nearly finished in his last fight twice.

Stripe gets knocked down every fight and has been tko by Struve of all people
hes been knocked down twice in his entire career, once by Junior dos Santos and once by Alistair Overeem. If thats your standard for striking/durability, then nobody is any good.

Struve was a standing TKO.

Cain went toe to toe striking with Werdum and lost fair and square.

LOLed at "NO HOPE". This is HW and Stipe was nearly finished in his last fight twice.
once, and almost only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades. if anything, the immediate recovery and submission defense raises his stock.

Cain only loses due to ring rust. both of his losses were coming back from a year+ layoff.

Werdum is a terrible matchup for Cain

completely agree

but a healthy and in shape Velasquez is the baddest man on the planet.

completely false. hes a nightmare match up for junior who happens to be a nightmare match up for everyone else. dispatching travis browne looked good, but wasnt extremely impressive in context.

hes been knocked down twice in his entire career, once by Junior dos Santos and once by Alistair Overeem. If thats your standard for striking/durability, then nobody is any good.

Struve was a standing TKO.

Cain went toe to toe striking with Werdum and lost fair and square.

Struve is horrible though, so ..

Struve is horrible though, so ..
lol its a bad loss for sure. different time and match up though.

if you remember, struve just came off of pulling guard and submitting lavar johnson and his jiu jitsu ability was being super hyped up. i think stipe completely avoided the ground because of this and was stifled by struve's reach standing. was a w eird fight if you watch it now, stipe fought super hesitant.

completely agree

completely false. hes a nightmare match up for junior who happens to be a nightmare match up for everyone else. dispatching travis browne looked good, but wasnt extremely impressive in context.
If Cain could breathe properly then he'd be able to be all in Werdum's face and most likely controlling him on the bottom unless Werdum pulled off something from his back which is very likely as well. I'd love to see a rematch against a ready to go Cain but if he's fighting with any injuries or isn't in shape, Werdum's style alone is a big problem.

Sea level Cain is the same unicorn

as motivated BJ Penn.

How's the Mexican champion

not ready to fight in Mexico?

<escalate99>

Buddy I will be on your behind when that fight happens. :D

Also you should watch them JDS fights considering that's whats on the menu soon enough.

Agreed. Werdum is a terrible matchup for Cain. I thought Cain would be able to handle Werdum. I was definitely wrong.

just don't believe Cain is the same fighter anymore and I hate saying that. Prime Cain was an ANIMAL. But the surgeries have just stacked up along with the inactivity. He'll be 35 at the end of July. I just don't think Cain's body can handle the grind anymore. His body can't handle an 8 week camp. They should seriously consider doing 5-6 week camps for him. A damn shame. Cain is awesome to watch in the cage.

Cain beat Werdum up in the first round then gassed. I suggest you rewatch it once again.

If Cain could breathe properly then he'd be able to be all in Werdum's face and most likely controlling him on the bottom unless Werdum pulled off something from his back which is very likely as well. I'd love to see a rematch against a ready to go Cain but if he's fighting with any injuries or isn't in shape, Werdum's style alone is a big problem.
that MIGHT be true, except cain successfully took werdum down and even had top control in the first fight and gave it up. im not saying cain cant win from top, but its hard to do when youre that worried. unfortunately for cain, you have to worry about werdum. so what choice does he really have? i agree with you, its going to have to be take him down and beat him there, but thats very risky. becomes a toss up at that point.

also something to note, werdum dominated the clinch in this fight. he had cain fighting for position and blocking knees at the same time, just dragging cain down by the neck. if cain could come up with a few tricks for winning there or just getting out of the thai plum, he could have more success.

Cain beat Werdum up in the first round then gassed. I suggest you rewatch it once again.
didnt happen, fight started off extremely close and cain ended up with more damage by the end of the round. cain definitely took more damage in the first, but he scored a takedown and thats why people scored it for him. your memory is not serving you.

Back