Chin comparison - Diaz vs Alvarez

Nate is a freak of nature. His jaw is made out of rubber.

I really want to see how Ferguson's chin holds up when absorbing McG's shots.

Alvarez gets dropped in a lot of fights. Counter striker with that kind of power was a bad match up for him.

Big difference.

One was in the 5th round of a war and the other was in the 2nd round where still looked fresh.

its impossible to say the "same" shots landed. It looks like he landed harder and cleaner on Alvarez as he was lunging forward.

I will say that Diaz has a better chin than Eddie though, I think most of us already know this.

Nate's always been known to have a hell of a chin

Nate is a beast. He's also a much larger man than Eddie, who looks like a blown up FW compared to much of the division.

Eddie Alveraz is one of those "I train MMA" guys who actually made it.

Sorry I know this had nothing to do with the thread.

Big difference.

One was in the 5th round of a war and the other was in the 2nd round where still looked fresh.
Bingo. Also, the first 3 shots landed flush on Eddie, whereas only the second shot seemed to land flush on Nate. But like you said, there's no comparison between Conor's power in the second round and his power in the fifth round, where he'd already been gasping for air for the better part of 3 rounds.

Alvarez gets dropped in a lot of fights. Counter striker with that kind of power was a bad match up for him.

i actually said this before the fight, although ive mis-called a million other fights. the one thing conor always does is counter well and be accurate. the one thing alvarez almost always does - is get hit.

Lol Nate gets dropped almost every fight.
Also Nate didn't get hit flush with that combo, stop acting like Conor has Tyson-esque power lmao.

I wonder what Alvarez "locker room bonus" was for falling to his butt when that punch barely touched him.

No two strikes ever land in the same way

Nate has a great chin. He's only been ko'd by a Thomson head kick and if you go back and watch it he wasn't fully out as he was trying to get up and move around.

Back