Nate Diaz Boxing Skills

that lack of power is depressing

maxresdefault.jpg

giphy.gif

Nate has a ton of reach and has filled out his frame nicely...Id like to see, at this point, him fight a top 15 welterweight and see how impressive he looks.

Yeah he's pretty good. He has a nice 1 - 2.

But he is definitely not a boxer.

Yeah...his boxing isn't that good. Just look at his jab sometimes, he literally drops it down to his knees instead of bringing it back to his chin. That's a very big basic flaw.

Still, it's enough to beat Conor tho.

dare I say, the Diaz's boxing is good because it is effective for them in mma (it's nothing out of this world or the mythical boxing beasts they get promoted as weekly) . Their knowledge of boxing plus their cardio (and lack of natural explosiveness) is how and why they prefer to overwhelm opponents.

They're very good mma fighters and it should be left at that. Their jiu jitsu is also a very strong point but again, it is because mma allows them to grapple when needed and box when needed.

GSP is the best wrestler....in mma bar none (maybe prime Jon Jones). but GSP probably would struggle in a high school 170 pound div. MMA lets things shine more and it's ok, it's how the game works.

He has a solid long 1-2 combo he lands a LOT, he usually has height/reach on his opponents too.

I dont see many angles, feints, parrys, or slips.

Diazs have horrible footwork for a boxer, never on the balls of their feet, never pivoting out, or hitting 45 degree angles exiting combos.

Trash boxers, but have "hands" for MMA.

It's a highlight. They even took footage from the RDA fight that he LOST.

Roy Jones respects the hands of Nate Diaz.

-Kenny Florian.

This Diaz boxing being great is a myth. They have good boxing for MMA. Nate looks decent as he fights long but as soon as anyone can close the distance he can get hit far too easily.

Ward already tried to tell y'all lol. Nate uses more volume than Nick but Nick has a bit more pop on his shots. When it's strictly boxing he's said they both have good boxing. Nate was wards main sparring partner for Dawson your main partner to emulate a style in boxing isn't gonna be a guy that can't box.

Yeah...his boxing isn't that good. Just look at his jab sometimes, he literally drops it down to his knees instead of bringing it back to his chin. That's a very big basic flaw.

Still, it's enough to beat Conor tho.
Till Conor outclassed him on the feet in the first two rounds of the 2nd fight right?

He has great hands but not great boxing

Conor was destroying him except for when he gassed

Nick is a better boxer, he does a lot of great things in the pocket and clinch

Till Conor outclassed him on the feet in the first two rounds of the 2nd fight right?
And who went on to almost get finished before he was saved by the bell? lmao. Nate was never in any danger of getting finished, Conor was.

And we aren't even talking about when he hit him so hard he got rocked and became a panicwrestler {<jordan}

MMA boxing is obviously different than traditional boxing. Nate is a very good boxer by MMA standards and has trained (and has the respect) of elite fighters like Andre Ward.

Conor did a good job in the second fight to use leg kicks, creating openings against Nate, that weren't there in the first fight. Nate's high volume approach to boxing is very effective, especially given his gas tank. Total speculation here, but In a pure boxing match, I would take Nate over Conor from what I have seen. But it should be noted that I have never seen either fight with a traditional stance, which Conor may be well suited, time will tell.

dare I say, the Diaz's boxing is good because it is effective for them in mma (it's nothing out of this world or the mythical boxing beasts they get promoted as weekly) . Their knowledge of boxing plus their cardio (and lack of natural explosiveness) is how and why they prefer to overwhelm opponents.

They're very good mma fighters and it should be left at that. Their jiu jitsu is also a very strong point but again, it is because mma allows them to grapple when needed and box when needed.

GSP is the best wrestler....in mma bar none (maybe prime Jon Jones). but GSP probably would struggle in a high school 170 pound div. MMA lets things shine more and it's ok, it's how the game works.
Their style is my personal fave in MMA; pummel opponent bloody before strangulation.

Fucking cruel lol

Back