Fabricio 'Vai Cavalo' Werdum is ready for the Rubber Match with Alistair Cees 'The Reem' Overeem

Concrete Whale

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.lowkickmma.com/UFC/fabricio-werdum-wants-trilogy-fight-with-alistair-overeem/

weighing-the-options-of-fabricio-werdum-after-ufc-2031-640x571.jpg

“I was very excited for the next fight, the May 13, but it happened to Ben Rothwell that USADA got to him,” Werdum told Ariel Helwani on this week’s edition of The MMA Hour. “I don’t know what happened to him, but it’s very bad because he talked a lot of shit before, and I was just waiting for the fight. Now, again, I have a lot of fights canceled, the last fight against Cain Velasquez, and now I’m just waiting for the next one. I think the next one is Overeem or Cain Velasquez, you know, probably in July.”

“I like both rematches, they both get me the title shot. I finished Overeem in 2006 in Pride FC with the kimura, and he beat me in Strikeforce, the only one time I’ve been overtrained. Funny thing, in Dallas [Strikeforce: Overeem vs. Werdum] this time I’m waiting for the doping test and I said, ‘hey, man. I want to do the doping test so I can start the warm up,’ and they guy said, ‘No, no, no. You don’t have anything. You okay, you okay. We don’t have test here,’ and I said, ‘what!’, and Overeem was too big, he was like 100 kilos. Now, it’s one, one and I think it’s a good rematch, you know, the number three. So I’m thinking Overeem because I saw Cain Velasquez say he needed more time for recovery, again, so I think Overeem is okay for me.”

iu

He should fight Rockhold if he wants a title shot. Rockhold is a bigger name than those guys. Beating Rockhold>Beating Cain or Overeem.

In the rematch, which cemented how much I despise Werdum with one of the worst performances I've ever seen from a top level fighter, buttscooting every 3 seconds from bell to bell.

I hope Cheatereem smashes him.

In the rematch, which cemented how much I despise Werdum with one of the worst performances I've ever seen from a top level fighter, buttscooting every 3 seconds from bell to bell.

I hope Cheatereem smashes him.

It's an interesting fight. I can picture Al running around a lot.

You may not have watched the last fight.

J/k I am super interested in this fight too and Werdum's striking has improved so much since then.

I recommend to rewatch their last fight. It was awful. Maybe it's better this time.

Could be the fight for the next title shot.

Idk now ubereem is no more maybe werdum will be less intimidated and flop less.

I'd actually rather see Werdum vs Rockhold.

Overeem vs Werdum II was a fucking stinker.

Back