What do you like about (or why you like) mma?

theTKDguy

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
this is an interesting topic to say the least. For example a friend of mine loves watching ufc because of all the blood and people hurting each other (he loved lawler vs rory), my dad likes mma rather than boxing because of its unpredictability in the sense that fighters can throw kicks, punches, elbows or go for tds. I like mma because of the fighter's movements and expressions to be honest, the fluidity with which the fighters transition between an art to another and the courage they display to overcome adversity. How a man can express himself with fighting. it sounds pretty weird but there is sth about fighting apart from hurting another person that really stands out for me. Maybe because i'm more of a traditional martial arts guy (taekwondo) since i was a kid i appreciate this more than other aspects of mma. For the record, I think Mcgregor did well in bringing the touchbutt guy. It may seem ridiculous but the fluidity in the movements is one of the most important things in fighting, and many fighters don't really get that. being tense and throwing hard is never the best option.

GwYzQSs.gif

Watch Robby parks "why I like MMA "

I like the action mostly but I also like the fact that's it's just man v man. No equipment, no bats, balls, or protection. All a fighter has is his hands and his wits. Some fights are inspiring and show how much heart a human can have. You can kinda apply it to your own life and the problems that you encounter. We all fight for something in our lives and MMA is a tangible version of human struggle. I also like seeing cool fast techniques. And there is nothing like a great KO and the "HOLY SHIT" reaction it gives me.

My turn to sound "pretty weird!" With all the different actions one can perform and the manifold pathways to victory...the analogy that struck me (because I have an arts background) was of painters with a full range of pigments laid out on their palettes. Starting to watch MMA was like switching from black-and-white to technicolor.

This is the one sport where literally anything can happen and anybody can come out victorious on any given night.

Just not in the Mendes McKenzie fight.

<{cruzshake}>

It's two people leaving it all out there for us. Two people that have trained to destroy each other. Digging deeper than they ever have before right before our eyes. It really isn't always about the W when it comes to MMA. It's about pushing yourself farther than you ever imagined. I love seeing a fighter come back from a devastating loss and have a great performance, or someone like Robbie who completely turned their careers around after going through the ups and downs.

That's pretty fucking rad.

I've always enjoyed watching combat sports, but what makes MMA the best is the versatility in strategies and styles. There are countless effective routes to victory, which gets emphasized if you watch boxing after MMA. The big gloves allow boxers to take turns punching each other's gloves, which becomes boring quite fast, but in MMA you can't rely on your shield. I've also always respected the good in everything characteristic more than great in just one thing.

When I was a kid I thought the toughest people in the world were in Kung Fu flicks or pro wrestling, I've always had a fascination with violence and have always wanted to know who the best unarmed fighter on the planet is. MMA is the closest thing to finding that out. Plus there's just something about two men in an inescapable environment who don't have weapons who go to war to see who the better fighter is.

All fights start like this...
69nn6g.jpg

... and yet every single fight is unique once it begins.

Maybe I am a bit gay or bicurious, but I like the physical interaction between rough and hard men.

It's as entertaining at Pro Wrestling, except it's actually real.

Doesn't get much better than that.

A diverse, exciting, pure sport. Few invented boundaries, raw and real.

I like the action mostly but I also like the fact that's it's just man v man. No equipment, no bats, balls, or protection. All a fighter has is his hands and his wits. Some fights are inspiring and show how much heart a human can have. You can kinda apply it to your own life and the problems that you encounter. We all fight for something in our lives and MMA is a tangible version of human struggle. I also like seeing cool fast techniques. And there is nothing like a great KO and the "HOLY SHIT" reaction it gives me.
Awesome post. I agree with all this.

In addition I love the variety and power to surprise. MMA is wildly unpredictable. It's fantastic.

Back