Glass Jaw

congo'spython

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
What fight do you think is the ultimate example of a glass jaw?

th

Discuss.

Post TRT ban Bigfoot Silva, nearly knocked out by weaker punches.

UFCFightNight61-AntonioSilva-FrankMir-09-Replay-sg.gif

giphy.gif

Also Cezar Ferreira and Melvin Manhoef.

I think of Reem when I here glass jaw or weak chin.

"Glass jaw" or "weak chin" are both myths.
You might as well as well believe in unicorns and leprechauns.
Oh wait
leprec.jpg

Conor McGregor, he got rocked by a simple 1-2 from Diaz who isn't known for power punching.

You could even argue he got rocked by a Stockton slap.

Reem.....i hope Rockhold not on deck, cause he's never been a good defensive stand up fighter..He can be touched.I can see Gegard putting it on him.
Also Browne has performed that funky chicken dance too much in recent fights.

IF you fight in that 185 division, currently, and you pen a fight with any of those top 5 guys------good f $%king luck...now Gastellum seeming to find a place down there.The shark tank there represents that metaphor in as about a perfect sense as you can.

Anyone who fights Anthony Johnson.

Their chins magically become weak.

Yeah, taking perhaps the most devastating single punch in the history of the sport due to jumping into it is surely a great expression of glass jaw.

Arlovski went to decision with Johnson. Think about that.

I don't think Reem has a glass jaw either - he is hardly ever knocked out, he just folds and takes a L rather than takes unnecessary brain damage in a situation he doesn't feel is salvageable.

I really don't think you can classify any HW with a "glass jaw", they fight biggest hitters in MMA with one punch power that doesn't always need to be a clean or flush shot can put ya down for the canvas nap. Arlovski and Reem both have a tendency to a) have average striking defense and (b) seem to get hit on the button with shots that would kill most homosabiens.

Back