So where are we with the "MMAAA" as of now?

KickWith3rdLeg

You smoke this **** to escape reality?
@purple
Reaction score
So around late last year i'm sure everyone remembers the MMAAA coming out guns blazing with their all-star MMA cast (including the likes of Bjorn Rebney), promising sweeping change in regards to fighter pay, health benefits, and overall reform with Bjorn being their front man...

Oh hell did that backfire on them when Dana bashed anyone associated with that Bjorn soon after. Claiming you dont want that scumbag reaching in your pocket of all things. Seems like things began to unravel shortley after Dana dropped his bomb on Bjorn and also how he felt betrayed by his company man Cowboy. Dana revealed he covered Cowboys 100k legal fee's after he beat up some drunk people on a boat.

-Soon after Cowboy now jumps ship after Dana's comments and claims he "didnt realize he was on the board of the MMAAA and only just wanted to support the cause" Him and Dana are back on good terms now.

-Bjorn was on the MMAHour and would not reveal who the financial backer for the MMAAA is. (Speculation is the CAA talent agency for obvious reasons) Keep in mind the CAA represent all the board members with GSP being their biggest client.... hmmm gee I wonder if their is a possible alliterative motive here?

-Tim Kennedy goes on the record saying he regrets using Bjorn as his frontman and begins to backpedal. (Bjorn goes radio silent on twitter after extreme ranting against the UFC and calling Dana a glutenous pig...kind of ironic of all things).

-GSP gets his new contact along with a title shot. Now he has an open mic and does not mention one aspect of the MMAAA is any of his interviews since getting his Bisping bout agreement. I guess he's happy now?

-Tim Means echos the same sentiment and calls bullsh1t on the MMAAA after GSP gets what he wants. TJ & Cain still havnt said anything in months now or ever for that matter.

Overall... I just call bullsh1t on these guys and MMAAA. increased alternative behind the scene motives (GSP's new contact) and a way for CAA to jab at WME-IMG I dont think these guys really have the fighters best interest in mind, just their own.

MMAAA you're a farce.

End rant.

(Side note) Luke Thomas said he will try to have an update on the MMA for his Wednesday podcast.

Last edited:
You know, I was gonna flame you for using the word alliterative instead of alternative. But then I realized alliterative was a real word and am now attributing it to your autocorrect lol.

Like any union... Everyone will jump ship if they get a special deal.

Really? is anybody shocked that the 150th attempt at a fighter union fell apart in a day????

Why would this one have been any different than the previous 149 attempts??

on hold until gsp is unhappy with ufc pay or fights offered.

Cowboy gets crushed by masvidal
Kennedy gets crushed by gastelum
Means loses to Brazilian cowboy
Cain stay injured

GSP is next to feel the curse of the MMAAA

You don't start a fighters union with 5 guys and zero current champs. Throw in Bjorn and it was doomed to fail, especially after demanding past reparations. If they had worked behind the scenes and got 50 fighters to sign on that would be a different story.

I'm not a huge fan of what Randy Couture's group is trying to get done either as he wants to turn MMA into boxing with it's myriad belts and champs of the same weight class ducking each other. But I'd like to see something in between where champs clauses are no longer allowed and contracts can only be for say 3 fights at a time and promoters can't get away with putting healthy fighters on the shelf to extend how long they're contracted. That way someone like Conor could have finished out a contract and went to boxing if he wanted without being a slave to the UFC who have no business as co-promoters of a boxing match..

Seems like another one hit wonder whiney boy band

Just Bjork at this point i guess

Cowboy gets crushed by masvidal
Kennedy gets crushed by gastelum
Means loses to Brazilian cowboy
Cain stay injured

GSP is next to feel the curse of the MMAAA

It’s worse than being on the cover of “EA Sports” videogame

Back