Shogun vs. Wanderlei

Les Vejtibals

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
There used to be a story about Wanderlei knocking out Shogun over wanting a free Pitbull.

Have either of them ever confirmed it?

Still better than Twilight.
gpiwkpgtof9mfrpvqiwo.jpg

WandshogunFaded.jpg

treino-de-wanderlei-silva-tem-ate-briga-de-galo-com-shogun-1309605308861_300x230.jpg

Seriously though, the story is that Shogun tried to sell a puppy to Wanderlei who wanted to fight instead of paying for the dogs. Hahaha.

I think they confirmed it

There used to be a video of shogun and a bunch of dudes in some house wearing boxing gloves and beating the crap out of each other. Somebody said that was that same night with wand and the puppy.

That story aside. Wand vs Shogun is on the level of Nick vs Nate, Big Nog vs Lil Nog, Fedor vs Aleks. A fight fans dream.
0069a56fca68835e1a5915f34059cb14.jpg

Then Shogun sold the Nogueiras a dog, that was really a bus...and they tried to feed it a carrot.

hqdefault.jpg

probably fought over big spoon little spoon if anything

There used to be a story about Wanderlei knocking out Shogun over wanting a free Pitbull.

Have either of them ever confirmed it?

Luckily I've managed to get this story a few years back directly from Wanderlei so its as accurate as you can get. They did fight over the Dog, there was a miscommunication if it was a gift or had to be paid for so after a few weeks they decided to settle it in a fight. I asked him who won and he said....."I have the dog....so" with a big smile and laugh. I asked knock out?? He said...."no, was knock down and decision" They fought with big boxing gloves in...not sure how many rounds and how long.

I think they confirmed it

There used to be a video of shogun and a bunch of dudes in some house wearing boxing gloves and beating the crap out of each other. Somebody said that was that same night with wand and the puppy.

You're thinking this..

Luckily I've managed to get this story a few years back directly from Wanderlei so its as accurate as you can get. They did fight over the Dog, there was a miscommunication if it was a gift or had to be paid for so after a few weeks they decided to settle it in a fight. First I asked him who won and he said....."I have the dog....so" with a big smile and laugh. I asked knock out?? He said...."no, was knock down and decision" They fought with big boxing gloves in...not sure how many rounds and how long.
crazy to think about teammates going all out in a fight. just shortening eachothers careers.

crazy to think about teammates going all out in a fight. just shortening eachothers careers.

Wanderlei said the training was like a real fight and that is why they were so prepared to fight all the time and are so tough. Shogun after so many wars and years fighting is still a top 5/6 LHW in the UFC, pretty impressive.

Back