Which are the most surprising performances we've ever seen in the UFC?

sirmorbach

These violent delights have violent ends
@Black
Reaction score
So, earlier today I've created a thread asking you about the most flawless performances we've ever got the chance to see inside the octagon. The thing is, even though they were all pretty much flawless indeed, they weren't all necessarily surprising. I mean, in a way, we all kind of already expected, say, Georges St-Pierre to be a dominant fighter, or Anderson Silva to pull some Matrix kind of shit.

So now, lads, I ask you: which performances have surprised you the most so far in the UFC?

I'll start with Cody Garbrandt's, in his title fight against Dominick Cruz. We all knew he could win, this is MMA after all, but... not only Dominick was the favourite, who could expect that dominance and that display by Cody?

Personally, I was expecting Dominick to school Garbrandt, aaaand... surprise, surprise, motherfucker. The complete opposite is what happened.

giphy.gif

630705584.jpg

What are your picks?

Arlovski KOing Bigfoot AND Browne, consecutively.

Jon Jones wrecking Shogun, not surprising in hindsight but I couldn't believe the domination.

gspserra2.gif

matt-serra_georges-st-pierre.gif

dillashaw2.gif

ThirstyGlossyAnglerfish.gif

Also Demetrious Johnson vs Tim Elliott.

Serra vs St Pierre will be the answer to that, always and forever.

TJ beating Barao the first time. Barao looked untouchable previously and TJ dominated him.

The Garbrandt win over Cruz wasn't that surprising to me because he was beasting and KOing opponents left and right. And Dom also looked vulnerable in the TJ fight even though he looked better against Urijah.

I would also definitely say BIsping beating Rockhold, but that was a first round KO so I'm not sure if you can really call it a full fledged performance.

I was very surprised when Tito Ortiz finished Ryan Bader.

Even though I was rooting hard for Varner I know his knockout over Barbosa was a shocker. The silence and dropped jaws in my living room said it all was probobly like that all over wish I was on sherdog back then

Those are all names.

Lando hanging with and almost beating Ferguson is the definition of a surprise moment. No one and I mean NO ONE saw that coming.

2012 Jamie Varner murdering Edson Barboza in the first round still doesn't make sense.

Tito Ortiz/Ryan Bader

I was very surprised when Tito Ortiz finished Ryan Bader.
Even though I was rooting hard for Varner I know his knockout over Barbosa was a shocker. The silence and dropped jaws in my living room said it all was probobly like that all over wish I was on sherdog back then
Guess I was too slow. Bravo gentlemen.

Sonnen/Silva is the most surprised I've ever been, watching a fight.

Edit: also, Mir/Nog(both fights).

Prime Anderson getting his ass whipped from pillar to post for about 23 mins, getting dropped twice in the process.

Back