Just re watched McGoat vs Brandao...

Spacetrucker

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
...and Diego looked scared as f**k during the staredown...

Most fighters are scared, they're human. They just won't admit it.

Bow before the King

tumblr_nccfy2apOc1tcfs15o1_400.gif

It is scary to get locked in the cage with a man like Conor, but Pistol-Whip Diego has no fear.

I remember watching this fight and being very fascinated by Brandao's demeanor. The guy on TUF was uber emotional, angry and aggressive in every fight buildup. I think that seething Rage benefited him throughout the competition as he quite visibly psyched out Siler and Caraway. Meanwhile, against Conor he's bowing smiling and laughing during the intros, which I attribute to McGregor not giving even a slight fuck and the fact that he was fighting in rabidly hostile territory. Bear in mind Conor had only two prior UFC fights and was coming off a long injury layoff. Lots of folks had guarded expectations and were understandably weary of the hype. Brandao looked like someone who absolutely knew that he wasn't in the cage with hype.

Great thread you should start another one just like it.

I remember watching this fight and being very fascinated by Brandao's demeanor. The guy on TUF was uber emotional, angry and aggressive in every fight buildup. I think that seething Rage benefited him throughout the competition as he quite visibly psyched out Siler and Caraway. Meanwhile, against Conor he's bowing smiling and laughing during the intros, which I attribute to McGregor not giving even a slight fuck and the fact that he was fighting in rabidly hostile territory. Bear in mind Conor had only two prior UFC fights and was coming off a long injury layoff. Lots of folks had guarded expectations and were understandably weary of the hype. Brandao looked like someone who absolutely knew that he wasn't in the cage with hype.
From the interviews and shit it's clear that Brandao genuinely liked McGregor and wanted to be friends.

There was also this moment.

Brandao has missed weight at 145; Conor hasn't. I'm not denying that Conor is probably the bigger guy but Brandao is also a big featherweight.
Brandeo was one of the smallest the smallest FW in the roster and was always the smaller guy.

Brandao is a wilter and quitter. never liked the guy. He was so unlikable on TUF, air head.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back