Gunni throwing shade at Bisping, Woodley, Aldo

D 1 Wrestler

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
And basically any other champions, not named Conor.

16 wins, 15 finishes.

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/19014765/want-true-champion-need-finish-your-fights

"Some of these guys, they walk to their corners, and I hear, 'You're up a round,'" Nelson said. "It sounds to me like they're focused on winning a round.

"I feel like, if a fighter can finish, he needs to finish. If you want to be a true champion, you need to finish your fights. That's my view on it. If you're a champion and all your fights go the distance, you've shown you can hold a belt against top competition -- but I want to be a true champion."

Just another reason to like Gunnar. Dude is a real fighter with a great mindset for the fight game.

Damn good quote. As a fight fan, i'll just have to agree.

Not sure if i agree about your mention of Bisping though. He's always pushing the pace and goes for it. Get's finished trying.

You could work for TMZ. Jesus, what the fuck of a title is that? Ariel Helwaniesque too.

Can't be throwing shade on champions when you haven't won a title yet, Gunnar.

You could work for TMZ. Jesus, what the fuck of a title is that?

he's obviously calling out current champs and GSPs of the world. I'm sure most of this has to do with the joke of the fights that twood/thompson were

" If you want to be a true champion" you should become a champion first, then beat someone relevant. Something Bisping, Woodley and Aldo have all done.

If by sub the shit out of, you mean not be able to get a takedown and get KTFO
Woodley wouldn't be able to either and if he did he would be fucked. Also I wouldn't be to sure he wouldn't be able to, Rory took him down after all. Gunnar has a solid chin and Woodley throws like 5 punches per round, I like Gunnar's chances in this one a lot.

Oh snap, Woodley is gonna get triggered:

Maybe more athletic than technical in a lot of ways, but he's a good fighter."

giphy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back