Why isn't heavyweight unlimited

MoreKane

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
the 265 limit makes no sense...

Boxing and Kickboxing have unlimited HW weightclasses

UFC seems to be behind the curve here

It should be. But a reason for the limit is them not wanting to see 400 pound fatsos tit choking the 240 HW's. Or gas. I don't want to see that shit either, but if a good 350 dude is better than a good 240 dude he should be in the UFC.

Because they're protecting Cain from Ronda.

rous.jpg

How can Velasquez possibly compete with this?

Maybe because there already is the existence of a Super Heavyweight (SHW) class.

No idea. I sure would love to see SHW monsters going at it, though. It'd be sloppy as fuck at first, but it wouldn't be long before we see The Incredible Hulk with a black belt.

Dana White said no one has any business fighting heavier than 265

Because they're protecting Cain from Ronda.

rous.jpg

How can Velasquez possibly compete with this?
I believe healthy Cain could actually catch ronda off guard in championship rounds

Because 265 to unlimited is SuperHeavyWeight... just not enough talent to make a SHW division.

I would guess this weight class will be added in the next few years

I think it was done as to not chase blown up natural 205ers out of the division as it would leave the talent pool too shallow.

Because Tim Sylvia will be back and take that belt from any of those bums

Uninformed guess

Since mma includes wrestling /grappling, when coming up with unified rules they needed to quash the idea of a 400 lb beast man smothering mere 220 lb weaklings...even though that's unlikely and above 260 lbs you're really scraping the bottom of the athlete barrel

after 265, except for true genetic freaks and there is not enough of them, people start to lose athleticism. bulking up too much and honestly being too tall are both negatives in a fight.

that is why 6-4 to 6'6" at 250-265 are probably the most athletic group of large men on earth. look at all the new breed tight ends in the NFL. standard size is a lean 6 3+ and 240+. none seem to weigh over 270 and keep their athleticism. gronk is 6 6 265.

these new tight ends block 300+ pound linemen and still run with 190 pound defensive backs. this size seems to be where speed and power intersect.

watch one of these new tight ends play and you will see 265 is about the largest mass that still has classical athleticism, toned looked and explosion behind them.

Why is nobody asking for Men's Strawweight? That's where the real action is. lol

Because Unified Rules has random dumb rules.

The weight classes should be smaller, not bigger.

The reason for weight classes is to prevent having weight be a significant advantage. How the fuck is widening the classes going to achieve that?

Another reason weight cutting makes no sense. Because it defeats the purpose of weight classes.

the 265 limit makes no sense...

Boxing and Kickboxing have unlimited HW weightclasses

UFC seems to be behind the curve here

Because Boxing and Kickboxing don't have grappling, you idiot.

It should be. But a reason for the limit is them not wanting to see 400 pound fatsos tit choking the 240 HW's. Or gas. I don't want to see that shit either, but if a good 350 dude is better than a good 240 dude he should be in the UFC.

I dont think UFC will sign 400 lbs fatsos.

There would be too many freak show fights.

Back