Daniel Cormier on what surprised him most against Rumble

Pretty sure he was expecting him to hit like a horse so he probably wasnt surpised that he had alot of power

Well Rumble is one of the fastest guys at LHW.

Why would he be surprised that Rumble hit like a truck?

Speed is power.
The study found:

1. Punch force increases linearly with weight class.
  2. Hand velocity does not correlate to weight of boxer, peak force, or severity of punch.
  3. Effective mass of a punch is most important in determining the punch force and resulting severity of the punch.

Interestingly, three of the four boxers had what we would consider good technique and maintained a rigid wrist throughout the punch (flyweight, light welterweight, and super heavyweight). In all three cases the effective mass of their punch equated to the approximate weight of their arm.

The study found:

1. Punch force increases linearly with weight class.
  2. Hand velocity does not correlate to weight of boxer, peak force, or severity of punch.
  3. Effective mass of a punch is most important in determining the punch force and resulting severity of the punch.

Interestingly, three of the four boxers had what we would consider good technique and maintained a rigid wrist throughout the punch (flyweight, light welterweight, and super heavyweight). In all three cases the effective mass of their punch equated to the approximate weight of their arm.

Seems like a pretty limited sample size, to be honest. I don't think we should really be making assumptions about the entirety of fighting based on four boxers.

Did Cormier learn nothing from Gustafsson? You don't tell Rumble what your tactics are or what you think about him. Rumble doesn't throw only overhands, he knows about uppercuts and straights too.

Ward is a class act, very respectful of MMA which is nice to hear from a top boxer.

I gotta say, would be pretty cool to see an AKA fighter actually make it to the cage for a change.

on a side note why does it say moose vs the chris is a mw title eliminator fight?? did i miss something or does the winner get the next title shot?

He knew before that he hit hard, it was not a suprise. But Rumble hitting him so fast was a suprise. Do You understand the difference or do you want me to draw you a picture?

Hi Brian, I would like you to draw me a picture please. Thanks bro!

Why would he be surprised that Rumble hit like a truck?
People used to say Tyson's power surprised them. It's one thing to believe a guy hits hard, it's another to actually feel it.

I like Cormier, but I can't see anyone beating Rumble TWO times. This will eventually be a trilogy, IMO.

Back