What? McGregor's reach is 74 inches (188 cm)?

PubliusVentidius

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
and he's just 5.9'' (1,75 cm), is that even possible? I remember measuring my reach some time ago and it was the same as my height which I read is the most common occurence, dafuq?

Yeah he has some monkey arms.

31CA1E7C00000578-0-image-a-4_1456967620284.jpg

Goes with the chest imo.

Yeah, this is possible if you have high estrogen levels in your body while growing or your body didnt get enough food to grow other parts of the body as arms always grow first and require less energy

Jon Jones supposedly has 84.5 in reach, the expected reach of a 7 foot tall man.

Yeah, this is possible if you have high estrogen levels in your body while growing or your body didnt get enough food to grow other parts of the body as arms always grow first and require less energy

<mma4>

It's mostly genetics. There is a reason most fighters, swimmers, basketball players, NFL players and others have long arms and it's not estrogene or a lack of proteine growing up.

It's not that rare either

It's mostly genetics. There is a reason most fighters, swimmers, basketball players, NFL players and others have long arms and it's not estrogene or a lack of proteine growing up.

It's not that rare either
Nope, not all of have them long arm genes

that-escalated-quickly-ron-burgundy-its-science.jpg

Woodley isn't gonna like this, but Conor has a black guy's physique. Very long limbs, short torso, narrow hips and wide shoulders. It's a blessing in the fighting game.

This is BS, by your argument, vast amount of asians should have long arms as they naturally have higher level of estrogen than other races and Asians are known for their short limbs.

Last edited:
Nope, not all of have them long arm genes

Obviously as not all of them have long arms plenty of fighters with short arms. But there is a disproportionally big amount of people with long arms in various sports since it's an advantage. And it's mostly genetics. Same reasons most weightlifters have short limbs, why most basketballers are tall and so on.
It's just selection

and he's just 5.9'' (1,75 cm), is that even possible? I remember measuring my reach some time ago and it was the same as my height which I read is the most common occurence, dafuq?

That Viking genes...

Plus he hits like a mule.

Oh boy this is gonna turn into a racism thread soon

Jon Jones' reach is 85 inches which is the equivalent of a 7 footer...

This is BS, by your argument, vast amount of asians should have long arms as they naturally have lower level of estrogen than other races and Asians are known for their short limbs.
That's exactly what he said, more estrogen leads to longer arms, are you arguing with yourself?

Back