Luke Rockhold willing to fight Yoel Romero for the MW interim title...

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
With Bisping slated to face St-Pierre later this year, Rockhold says he’s game to take on the real top contender in Yoel Romero if the UFC would consider crowning an interim champion at 185 pounds.

“If they want to put a real belt on the line, I’d gladly go fight Yoel for it,” Rockhold said. “But I want security. If I’m going to go fight a top guy, I want to know that my next fight is the unified title and get that going. I’m not here to dance around. I’m here to fight for titles and fight for championship money.”

It’s no surprise that Bisping remains the biggest thorn in Rockhold’s side considering how badly he wants the chance to avenge the knockout loss he suffered to him last year.

Unfortunately, Rockhold just can’t be sure when he’ll get another chance to face him if he’ll ever get the opportunity to fight him again.

“He’s avoided “Jacare” [Souza] and he’s avoided Yoel Romero. He’s doing everything he can not to get those fights and they are forced them to pretty much offer these fights,” Rockhold said about Bisping.

“I’m so much better than Michael. If he ever mans up and I get the opportunity to fight him, I’ll show that. We’ll see. The way the division’s going, I don’t know.”

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...style-matchmaking-happening-in-the-ufc-032617

tenor.gif

Fuck yeah, what a fight!

tumblr_nqifafECJV1tugoyjo2_400.gif

Rockhold-vs-Bisping-gif.gif

Last edited:
Lol what interim title

You got knocked out by frickin Bisping, I blame Luke for all the mess that has happened in the MW division

Yes!

Make perfect sense.

Especially if GSP beats Bisping, then GSP can vacant and that make the winner the true champion.

These interim belts has less and less sense every day

Nope.

You don't deserve a shot at an interim title.

This shouldn't happen...but I would love to see Romero smash Rockhold...

Rockhold isnt very smart with his callouts... Fun fight but why would you want to risk staying at the summit of the mountain and never becoming champ again? Yoel is not a joke he will disfigure you luke. Dude needs a better manager or some shit, beat some contenders ass who you can run through, make it look good, jump on the mic yelling for the title. There you go.

Maybe they can make and interim interim belt that Jacare and Mousasi can fight for if Moose gets through Weidman.

Yes. UFC turns out lame title fights for non contenders might as well throw an interim out there.

Rockhold isnt very smart with his callouts... Fun fight but why would you want to risk staying at the summit of the mountain and never becoming champ again? Yoel is not a joke he will disfigure you luke. Dude needs a better manager or some shit, beat some contenders ass who you can run through, make it look good, jump on the mic yelling for the title. There you go.
He wants to fight the best guys. You can't fault him for that.

Sounds good. Making the best of a bad situation. Have Rockhold/Romero fight at the same time as GSP/Bisping, then those guys can fight and Jacare fights the winner.

Or have Jacare/Romero for the interim title since Rockhold is coming off a loss. I do like new fights though.

Luke just got knocked out by Bisping. He should not be talking about titles.

And the werdum fight for the interim HW Title while we are at it

no way this should be for an interim belt, but man would i love to see it.

props to luke for calling out one of the toughest sobs in the division (not to mention calling out werdum, 2 divisions up).

Why on earth would it be for an interim belt? Bisping just fought in October and is fighting again on TBA this year. Even if his opponents might not be the proper number one or even legitimate contenders for the belt, he is the champ.

Back