Anyone remember Niklas Backstrom?

SUBLIME FAN

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Forgot all about this guy. But man I remember he had a ton of hype until Mike Wilkinson knocked him out, then went on to lose to Noad Lahat and was cut. I remember hopping the bandwagon though after his debut against Niinimaki.

Anyway he's on 3 fight win streak since leaving the UFC. Wouldn't mind them giving him another chance on the upcoming Stockholm Card.

What do you say?

Yea it was fun seeing him get destroyed. He came in all cocky, then got ruined. Id watch him again

He had a great year last year. 79 points in 74 games with Washington, he's killing it.

Yeah. He is talented but should have kept his hands up that night. That was a hilarious KO.

Yeah, part of the "Swedish invasion" with gus lol

Then everyone remembered that swedes aren't Vikings anymore and backstrom+Gus got dominated by strong ethnic men, in Swedish tradition

nicklas_backstrom_washington.jpg

shouldn't of been cut after only 2 losses and I felt he actually won against Lahat

the guy comes off as a huge dillhole. I don't care to see him back, and I don't think he's UFC caliber, TBH.

Then everyone remembered that swedes aren't Vikings anymore and backstrom+Gus got dominated by strong ethnic men, in Swedish tradition

You are weird.

shouldn't of been cut after only 2 losses and I felt he actually won against Lahat

I think the same.

They will probably take him back for the next Swedish/scandinavian fight card.

And this time I hope my countrymen won't throw Swedish frontkicks(getting countered by overhand rights).

He had a great year last year. 79 points in 74 games with Washington, he's killing it.
I do a double take half the time there's a Sens game on. Chris Wideman and Phil Varone confuse the fuck out of my half-asleep brain.

I remember being super excited about this guy, I actually thought he'd meet up with Conor for the belt someday..

Known in Sweden as The Scandinavian Psycho. In an interview with a local swedish newspaper he once said that if he had to choose between spending time with his family or playing hockey he'd pick the blood of virgins every day.

Been this way since the days of the Moors...

Had a great finish over Niinimaki and a decent fight with Lahat who is no bum. Sucks he didn't get at least one more fight since UFC needs all the european talent they can get and he is somewhat of a draw there.

Back