Just a simple question. What year do you think MMA was at its peak?

2016 because it was MMA's most profitable year, this should be obvious. Conor bless.

Untitled-3.png

Fedor vs Nog
Wanderlei winning the Grand Prix

2003 to 2005 was golden era of PRIDE

2008 2009 2 of the 4 goats were champions Silva gsp you also had Lesnar and rampage and penn

Probably 2007 for me, because that's when the UFC vs Pride beefs were getting settled, plus TUF was still relevant and there were huge fights coming together like Wand vs Chuck, Shogun vs Forrest, Rampage vs Hendo etc

No way in hell was MMA at its peak in 2005. There must be at least 10x the MMA fans these days compared to then, whether PRIDE was at its peak or not.

2007...Randy's comeback for the HW belt...GSP's shocker against Serra, then wins it back...A. Silva was dominating...Chuck is dethroned by Rampage...BJ returns to LW...

2008-2010

once fox came then it started going downhill, then came reebok and then came the conor era... i think UFC lasts 5 more years before it is dissolved... their champions have lost all credibility imo and the shows just arent interesting anymore. MMA now is all about manufactured twitter beef and trying to be like Chael and Conor. It is a clown show now.

i cant wait until the UFC is gone and MMA is the wild west again and fighters can fight wherever they want and the rise of JMMA begins again.

It has yet to peak. WME will grow this into something much bigger than it is now.

Early to mid 2000's.

Pretty much Chuck's run, and when TUF was interesting.

2008 or 2009 in my area, seen people wearing mma shirts all the time, overhear people talking about it a lot, small time amateur orgs popping up drawing big crowds, bjj and mma gyms popping up on every corner, now it's all dried up.

Back