Bader vs Gus: who would have won?

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Man Gus is like the Buffalo Bills of mma, and Bader has been so dominant over lower comp but both fail when against higher level guys. Gus has been tested himself and tested the best of the best while Bader has been in there with Rumble, machida, rashad and rampage. People shit on Bader a lot but he is very effective in most fights. I think this would have been a great matchup as Bader has great wrestling and that seemed to be Gus' issue against Phil Davis but that was 7 years ago so who knows now.

I favor Gus, has quite solid wrestling himself and would outstrike Bader most likely.

Of course everyone on Sherdog is going to say Gus but you never know. Bader could've gotten the W. Bader's only really ever been KO'd from one punch counter strikes, something that Gus doesn't really have in him.

Would have been the fight to make

However UFC doesn't like to keep the best fighters anymore so we will never know

Of course everyone on Sherdog is going to say Gus but you never know. Bader could've gotten the W. Bader's only really ever been KO'd from one punch counter strikes, something that Gus doesn't really have in him.

2.gif

Yeah, I'm sure gustafsson would have a hard time catching master-bader. :rolleyes:

Bader can't take Gus down so who is the better stand up fighter?

I pick Gus.

He doesn't need to win by KO, a Gus decision is more likely than KO to me in a 3 round fight at least.

Sure Bader could have won, just don't see much reason to favor him.

He doesn't need to win by KO, a Gus decision is more likely than KO to me in a 3 round fight at least.

Sure Bader could have won, just don't see much reason to favor him.
I only said that because I assumed that majority of sherdog would've picked Gus by knockout

Probably Gus. It's a fight that should have happened.

I only said that because I assumed that majority of sherdog would've picked Gus by knockout
Ah, I don't think Gus has that much power in his hands for a guy his size similar to Jones or Werdum, if he landed a good knee then he could KO Bader.

Man Gus is like the Buffalo Bills of mma, and Bader has been so dominant over lower comp but both fail when against higher level guys. Gus has been tested himself and tested the best of the best while Bader has been in there with Rumble, machida, rashad and rampage. People shit on Bader a lot but he is very effective in most fights. I think this would have been a great matchup as Bader has great wrestling and that seemed to be Gus' issue against Phil Davis but that was 7 years ago so who knows now.
Simple, Gus. Why, you ask? Again, simple. Bader always chokes when it's an important fight. Hell, he couldn't even beat Tito!

The winner would be:........ The 4th best guy in the division, at best.

I think Gus' reach would assist him in jabbing his way to a decision or a late TKO.

Bader. Gus has never beaten a top fighter and isn't about to start.

Back