Jose Aldo feels he will never get to avenge loss to Conor McGregor

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
“The UFC has tried to do this fight, and he didn’t want it,” Aldo said in a media scrum in Rio de Janeiro (via MMA Fighting). “He’s running. He won't accept it. But we’ll see. I don’t know if this fight happens.”

McGregor never got to defend the 145-pound world title that he won from Aldo in December 2015 at UFC 194. Last November, the UFC stripped him of the title, and subsequently crowned Aldo as the undisputed champion.

Aldo had also previously stated his intent to move up to 155 pounds to face McGregor, but even doing so gives him very little chance for the fight to happen. It is something he had eventually understood, and says he is not losing sleep over it.

"Well, I don’t think about McGregor today,” Aldo said. “I couldn't care less what he’s doing. Like I said, I want to remain champion, I want big fights. If one day I fight him, great. If not, I’ll continue my life, continue being champion, continue being the same person, fighting and winning. I don’t think about Conor today. I only talk about Conor because you ask. F--k him."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/3/2...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

He had his chance and he turned the fight down no excuses it's his own fault.

I only talk about Conor because you ask. F--k him.

A lot of MMA fans need this spelt out for them whenever a fighter says something. Cause too often we see threads/posts, by morons here on Sherdog, shit talking a fighter, simply cause he had the audacity to answer a question from a reporter. They seem to confuse answering a question with issuing a statement.

Last edited:
You ducked the rematch when it was offered

fass

81257-Ron-Swanson-dont-care-gif-lMgn.gif

Conor ducked the Aldo rematch for a reason. Conor is a fraud. Aldo is the GOAT.

A short notice fight at 155? Is that what you are talking about?

yeah

he got knocked the fuck out 13 seconds

got the perfect chance to avenge his loss (which he shouldn't have got offered in the first place, he got MURKED by Conor)

and he turned it down

You ducked the rematch when it was offered

fass

Aldo "ducked" mcgregor on short notice, after having no time to train due to medical suspension. Mcgregor has ducked aldo in every other instance, with more than enough time to train/prepare, but instead has chosen to take fights vs diaz and alvarez, then go on extended vacations.

He's probably right. In a way I feel bad for Aldo, he was a dominant champ and got flash KO'ed which sucks when you can't get a shot at redemption. But at the same time, he's pulled out of championship fights multiple times and never made any attempt to market himself to the fans. In terms of the promotional game Conor is simply head and shoulders above him and Aldo just has too many barriers to overcome to get another shot.

Conor bless.

Aldo "ducked" mcgregor on short notice, after having no time to train due to medical suspension. Mcgregor has ducked aldo in every other instance, with more than enough time to train/prepare, but instead has chosen to take fights vs diaz and alvarez, then go on extended vacations.

He's in this game to make the big money

He runs shit.

2 division CHAMP. You'll do fookin nuttin

SPIT ON THAT

yeah

got the perfect chance to avenge his loss (which he shouldn't have got offered in the first place, he got MURKED by Conor)

and he turned it down
Cain got murked by JDS in their first fight, go look at how that trilogy played out.

Don't be ridiculous. Conor pulled out of a fight with Aldo at UFC 189 and Conor instead beat Mendes. Then Also got smashed when they finally fought and then he declined a short notice rematch after claiming "anytime, anywhere." I don't know what fantasy world you're living in.

Cain got murked by JDS in their first fight, go look at how that trilogy played out.

Except Conor is better than Aldo EVERYWHERE.

JDS only had a punchers chance.

you;re from Dublin

stop letting the side down

glad, it sounds like he'll be fighting for some time

yeah

and he turned it down
No belt on the line? A weight class up? Short notice?

=

A chance?

Ok buddeh

Except Conor is better than Aldo EVERYWHERE.

I'm willing to bet that Aldo is better at kick range, better on the ground, and probably better in the clinch.
But, alas, I will never get the opportunity to bet against Conor in the rematch.

Back