Do You Give Poirier a Good Chance of Beating Alvarez?

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
Six months ago if this fight had been announced then everyone would have picked Alvarez to demolish Dustin. Now that Alvarez has been brutally finished by Conor many have wondered whether he will be mentally affected or not. To be honest Poirier didn't look very good at all against Miller so I still have Alvarez as a decent favorite here. How much of s chance do you give Dustin to win this one or is it close to an even fight in your eyes?

giphy.gif

tumblr_npk1r94L6y1rofocqo1_400.gif

An okay chance but Alvarez the favorite, not by a huge margin. Maybe like 65-35 in favor of Alvarez but Poirier is the younger, fresher guy.

I don't care as much about Conor destroying Alvarez as Eddie being 33 in a small man's division BTW.

The only good performance eddie has had in the octagon was vs rda, and in that fight he just happened to connect with a looping haymaker. All of his other fights have been extremely underwhelming, or he just got outclassed. I'm expecting the diamond to catch alvaro then put him away with a submission.

No not really. I see Alvarez winning by dec.

If Eddie manages to implement some of dat 73, he should take the W.

They're both blood and guts type fighters so it's a tough read on calling a winner.

50/50 IMO

I could see Dustin pulling it off.

Def a good dog bet

)I suck at betting(

I think Eddie comes out looking to make a statement. As long as he's focused and doesn't get too over-aggressive, I think he gets a 2nd round stoppage.

Dustin has had some good fights at lightweight but just always seems to get in some sort of danger. Offensively he looks vicious with good technique and as a fan of his I wish he would just improve his defense both on the ground and standing. I give Eddie a 60-40 edge but I feel this could be the big fight Dustin finally wins. Expect a bit of a brawl.

I think Alvarez is going to come in angry with something to prove; Eddie will catch him with those heavy hands.

I think Alvarez is the rightful favourite and should win, but Poirier does have a good shot of beating him

Conor damaged Eddie bad. I don't know about his chin anymore. Dustin also has a bad chin so this will be a ko

Six months ago if this fight had been announced then everyone would have picked Alvarez to demolish Dustin. Now that Alvarez has been brutally finished by Conor many have wondered whether he will be mentally affected or not. To be honest Poirier didn't look very good at all against Miller so I still have Alvarez as a decent favorite here. How much of s chance do you give Dustin to win this one or is it close to an even fight in your eyes?

giphy.gif

tumblr_npk1r94L6y1rofocqo1_400.gif

Eddie seems to be a pretty tough individual when it's all said and done. Obviously he would have felt like shit after UFC 205 but I would say it's very likely that for the most part he's got over it, accepted it and has moved on to working his way back to reclaim the title (not that I think he'll get it back anytime soon).

Picking the Diamond for the upset, Eddie thinks this fight is beneath him and is sleeping on Porier.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if Alvarez utilizes the same strategy on Poirier that he employed against Pettis, which would mean another snoozer leading to an uninspiring victory.

Back