Rampage vs Forrest Griffin UFC 86

the ambush

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
The two iconic fighters squared off in a 5 round battle in Nevada. Ofcourse Forrest would go on and capture the UFC title then subsequentially lose to Rashad Evans in his first title defense. Who was truly the greater fighter that night? Rampage or Forrest Griffin? I chose Rampage due to more significant strikes and effective damage. Either way it was a close fight.

forrest.jpg

griffinjackson093bufc86.jpg

ufc86_09_griffin_vs_527735a.jpg

I thought Forrest outpointed him. I was rooting for Rampage but I didn't really see any controversy at the time.

Forrest won the fight. He was brutalizing Rampage with leg kicks and won the 5th round on points. Rampage was the more dangerous fighter in the match, though.

I never thought Rampage won that one. Forrest clearly won, imo.

Rampage was quick to "admit defeat" in much closer fights, to his credit, but he thought he won that one. I just never saw it.

I was probably 9/10 rustled after watching that fight. Mad to think that Forrest "TUF Noob God" Griffin, beat 2 of Pride's best back to back. Sherdog went crazy.

Then he lost the title to another TUF guy. Crazy times in the UFC.

Seeing the word 'Iconic' and Forrest Griffin in the same sentence does not compute.

Rampage said that it wad the Bones oblique kicks that fucked his knees, but the truth is that it was Forrest Griffin.

I remember one TUF he said that he bet his whole purse he beat Forrest... Wonder if he followed that one up.

That second round was fucking amazing

Remember on TUF Rampage said "I bet my whole purse it don't go no 5 rounds"....I always wondered if he then gave Griffin his whole purse?

Forrest clearly won a decision. No controversy.

Rampage took him lightly and never prepared for the leg kicks that determined the fight.

Isn't that the fight Forrest leg kicked the crap out of Rampage's legs

It was an awesome fight, I recall thinking a draw wouldn't be a surprise, but thought Forrest had edged it

Love both guys, nice to sit back and watch two fighters you support go at it

This was during that magical time when nobody could hold a belt

Chuck had it and defended it four times and lost it to rampage who defended it once but lost to Forest

Forest immediately lost to Rashad who immediately lost to Machida who immideately (cause their first fight was a loss, come on) lost it to Shogun who immediately lost it to Jon Jones who drove cars badly

Every time I watched it, I thought Rampage clearly won rounds 1, 3, and 4, but round 2 might be a 10-8 which would make it a draw.

Close good enjoyable fight but I think Griffin managed to outpoint Rampage. But as justblaze717 said was rooting for Rampage but thought Griffin won, nothing against Griffin, I do like him, just prefer Rampage.

Back