Best year run ever: 2005 Shogun or 2011 Jones?

Ruan Potts. May 2014 - November 2015. Da goat.

Well since those two ended up facing off I guess I gotta say JBJ but Shoguns run made me a life time fan and it's really not any less valuable, he just went on to get wrecked by Jon. So victor spoils etc.

What shogun did will never be replicated

What Jon did will never be replicated

Sure, Jon beat Shogun, 8 years after the fact.

Jon was in the stage Shogun was in when they fought, Shogun wasnt on his way out at all but his injuries were definitely affecting him

Jones>Shogun and idk why

Both great runs. Yes, Jon brutally outclassed Shogun for a championship but the Shogun that won a UFC title was half the fighter he was in 2005. I think that speaks volumes to the caliber of fighter Shogun was prior to collecting all of his devastating injuries. Again, both incredible runs but I favor Shogun by a favor slight margin.

Talking 05, you have to talk Takanori Gomi. Put LWs on the word stage when Sherk was the champ in the UFC and that GP was something of legend as well. However, I expect Shogun(Wand takes a knee or Shogun do what he did) to win and I thought Gomi would have had got caught somewhere for his division.

Jon's cemented himself as a GOAT candidate, despite his nonsense. His resume is incredible.

But for a one-year run, Shogun's 2005 is easily more impressive imo.

Shogun obliterated 4 of his 5 opponents, the only outlier being the FOTY with Rogerio. PRIME Rampage, PRIME Arona, the best LHW Overeem, and Kanehara.

Jon's 2011 run was obviously impressive, but his caliber of opponents was far less daunting. Shogun and Rampage were well past their primes and Bader posed no threat.

You can't say much negative about either one, but Shogun's was the more spectacular one-year run for me.

Yeah, beating Shogun who was THE CHAMPION, isn't a massive win.

Sure. Cool.
I see what you're saying. Beating a UFC champion is a great win regardless. Especially in the fashion that Bones did. However, bones didnt murk the best version of Shogun of we've seen. Probably still beats 05 Shogun but i doubt he embarrasses him in the same fashion.

Any dweeb who writes "/thread" in his own post can kick rocks.

JOnes's 2011 had names, shoguns 2005 had top guys in their prime that he slaughtered, with foty for good measure. Its not as closr as people act.

Jones for me
4 fights and 4 finishes with 3 of them being top 10 goats of the division.

Rampage, shogun and machida are all bigger names than shoguns wins.

Wanderlei Silva's run in 2014 was pretty impressive though.

Yeah, beating Shogun who was THE CHAMPION, isn't a massive win.

Sure. Cool.
oh i lost money on shogun in that fight, still a big win. But you have to be retarded or blind to not see the difference between shogun in 05 to shogun with 3 knee surgeries, and since your typing on an online forum im going to go ahead and assume you're not blind, only leaves one other option

Jones for me
4 fights and 4 finishes with 3 of them being top 10 goats of the division.

Rampage, shogun and machida are all bigger names than shoguns wins.
Arona when he was at his peak, prime rampage, little nog when he was considered one of the best and overreem are better wins then past their prime vets. Its all in context man. i guess if you were not around for that era it makes a big difference

Back