Forgotten Slugfest!!

Zerfleischer

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just stumbled across this! Baroni vs. Minowa at PRIDE Bushido! It starts getting crazy in the second round at 11 minutes! If you seen the fight already, watch it again, if not watch it!

Haha love da best Eva!!

Always roided to the gills :D

OMG, what a slugfest! I never saw this one. Thanks TS. Phil is so sexy too.

Been meaning to sit down and go through all the bushidos again. What a time to be alive.

I saw that PPV broadcast, about exactly 12 years ago. That was truly at Pride's peak, and right when Bushido really started catching on.

Lol@12:28 - "...and you can see the confidence coursing through the veins of Baroni!" Yep. Confidence. That was what was coursing through Baroni's veins.

Baroni' s blocking shots with face ability is stellar.

Phil Baroni was everything that Mike Perry strives to be now.

Just stumbled across this! Baroni vs. Minowa at PRIDE Bushido! It starts getting crazy in the second round at 11 minutes! If you seen the fight already, watch it again, if not watch it!

Love this fight, one of my all time favorites. Second round is straight Rocky brawling. Mad props to Minowa for even thinking about trading with big Phil

Great fight. This is the kind of thing that has really fallen down the memory hole. The kakutougi boom in the aughts was a really special time in the fight game.

Ahh those were the good old days, remember this one well =)

Sometimes I want stomps and soccors back, but most of the time I don't once I'm reminded of just how fucking brutal they actually are.

There is also a funny post fight interview with Baroni, but i can't find it.

It's good to revisit that fight. Such an exciting second rd.

"It's like a ROCKY movie!"
- Bas

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back