***Brad "One Punch" Pickett SHERDOG Q&A***

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Drake

(Q&A now over)

*****This is a Q&A for newly retired UFC & WEC Bantamweight veteran, Brad Pickett! He will answer your questions LIVE on WEDNESDAY the 29th of March at 3:00 PM EST / 8:00 PM UK. This thread will open when it is time. Remember to keep it clean & respectful otherwise dubs or bans will be handed out.*****

Brad Pickett was a long time staple in the UFC & WEC Bantamweight divisions & just recently completed his 14 year career at UFC Fight Night 107 in his home of London, England.

brad-pickett.jpg

Brad holds a 25-14 pro MMA record & has fought & beaten some of the very best fighters that the Bantamweight & Flyweight divisions have ever had to offer. Names ranging from Demetrious Johnson, Urijah Faber, Renan Barao, Ian McCall, Scott Jorgensen, Michael McDonald, Eddie Wineland, Yves Jabouin, Francisco Rivera, Ivan Menjivar, Damacio Page, Iuri Alcatara, Thomas Almeida, Chico Camus, Neil Seery, Mike Easton to Vaughan Lee. Only he & Dominick Cruz have defeated current Flyweight king, Demetrious Johnson.

Very
rarely if ever had Brad ever participated in a boring bout. He put it all on the line as 25 of his 39 fight have ended by finish & of those that were in the UFC & WEC, 5 fight of the nights. A true legend of British MMA & the lighter weight classes, Brad wont be forgotten as his always entertaining style will surely be missed.

usa_today_9775479.0.jpg

Follow him here:

Twitter: @ One_Punch
Instagram: @ one_punch

Facebook: Brad 'One Punch' Pickett

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Brad, had the pleasure of being at your final fight a few weeks ago.

Out of all your MMA fights, which fight would you say meant the most to you?

First off , congrats on a great MMA career. I want to get a fighters insight on a question that gets asked on here daily. Who do you think is the MMA GOAT? Fedor , Anderson SIlva , St Pierre etc.

Hi Brad, big fan of you and your style. Congrats on a great career. I'd like to ask how are you doing financially?

Sad to see you retire on a loss, but I'm sure you don't need or want my pity. Anyways, was there ever a part of you that wanted to back out of the fight after your original opponent had backed out, and have that fight rescheduled?

Hey Brad, I'm a big fan.

First question is what's your favorite striking techniques and your favorite submission techniques? Also, what's your strength and conditioning consist of?

Hey Brad, I was an Arsenal fan for 20 years of my life, but the tide has now turned and I'm now a massive fellow Spurs fan!

Is this the year we finally finish above those muggy Arsenal mouth breathers?

WENGER OUT lmao

256D6A6400000578-3020012-image-a-32_1427820828419.jpg

He's one of our own!

Aside from that, do you have any outside interests not related to fighting that you want to pursue?

Hi Brad, Ive been a fan for a long time now and was cheering hard at the O2, so close to getting that W.

Whose been your favourite fighter to watch and if you could fight one fighter regardless of weightclass, who would it be?

P.S I would love the Brad One Punch Pickett shirt, I was seeing around the O2, send me one please <{RoseRun}>

Hey Brad asked you a question at the Belfast Q and A when I gave a shout out to sherdog.

I met you the next day in JD sport. Can you tell me how it felt when me and my grey sweater took to the mic?

Also congrats on a great career. I only talked to you for 2 minutes but I could tell you are a great person.

20161120_141849.jpg

Hi Brad, had the pleasure of being at your final fight a few weeks ago.

Out of all your MMA fights, which fight would you say meant the most to you?
thanks alot mate, it was a crazy night
My WEC debut probably meant the most to me. First english man to fight in the WEC and to win via a rare submission (peruvian neck tie) was quite a moment for me

One Punch, thanks for taking the time, mate, and congrats on an incredibly entertaining career!

Here's the scenario--you're given 5 minutes alone in a cage with Jack Wilshire, anything goes. How does a fight with the little gobshite play out, and what do you do with the remaining 4 minutes of your time?

Your fellow Spurs fans would enjoy a play-by-play.

@Carl Drogo

tumblr_np84g7REAv1sqjlzlo1_250.gif

A bit of pre-fight motivation, in case you need it.

Hey Brad. Just wanted to say that I'm a big fan and you have nothing further to prove in this sport. I mean, you fucking ragdolled Mighty Mouse and popped his loss cherry.

WAR PICKETT!!

Brad-Pickett-Wins.png

First off , congrats on a great MMA career. I want to get a fighters insight on a question that gets asked on here daily. Who do you think is the MMA GOAT? Fedor , Anderson SIlva , St Pierre etc.
for me all those guys are noteable candidates, but for me it has to be Anderson Silva, as along with all his achievments he was the most exciting fighter to watch

Hi Brad, big fan of you and your style. Congrats on a great career. I'd like to ask how are you doing financially?
thanks mate. I've been pretty sensible with my money and invested in a house and saved quite a bit for a rainy day......but if you want to chuck me a load of cash I wouldnt say no! lol

Welcome, Brad. Thanks for so many memorable fights.

What are your plans post retirement? Do you have any interest in coaching or anything like that? Do you even have a plan, or are you just going to take it easy and let it all soak in for awhile?

Sad to see you retire on a loss, but I'm sure you don't need or want my pity. Anyways, was there ever a part of you that wanted to back out of the fight after your original opponent had backed out, and have that fight rescheduled?
thanks alot mate.
I never felt that ever, it was never about my opponent, but always about the occasion (fighting in my home town) so i wouldnt have wanted to wait another year as the UFC only come to London once a year

Brad you beat Demetrious Johnson in 2010 which is a very impressive name in your win collection. Only you and Dominik Cruz have beaten him. Is DJ your best win? If not, who is?

thanks mate. I've been pretty sensible with my money and invested in a house and saved quite a bit for a rainy day......but if you want to chuck me a load of cash I wouldnt say no! lol

Who'd say no to free cash ey?

One more question.

What gym would you recommend if someone was to start doing BJJ or even boxing around London?

Hey Brad. Rampage said recently that he regrets choosing MMA as a career. Now that you had your last MMA fight and retired, do you share Quinton Jackson's sentiment ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back