What did Conor haters feel when he flat-lined Aldo in 13 seconds?

Nuber1Bull

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I remember so many people were adamant that Aldo would destroy him, where are you, and what did you feel when he lost the fight so fast and so decisively?

You've been here since yeaterday. How do you know what people were saying?

I remember lurking here, hoping to see all the Aldo fans cry, but they pretty much hid from sight. They had been saying Conor got lucky against Mendes and that Aldo would stomp Conor. Rough night for those guys.

I felt even more hate but credit where credit is due - that was a wonderful shot and Conor is great at self promotion.

I thought it was a fluke and couldn't wait for the rematch. Safe to say I feel the same today.

Aldo just lacks the "it factor." He is not the one. Conor is the one--the superior male. Aldo is a beta.

You obviously have no idea what the word means.

I just feel Aldo wouldn't get KO'd in 13 is seconds again and that's what makes it a fluke. Connor could ko him again sure but seriously doubt it would would as fast.

Not a Conor hater but I was sure of 3 things that day
1. That Aldo would maul Conors legs and TKO him.
2. That weidman would tool up Rocksalt.
3. That there was a guarantee of a fight at the bar because it was full of Marines, FIFO Gas workers and Mad fucking Irishmen.

None of these things happened but the only one that bothered me was Rocksalt winning.

I remember that a lot of people hid their hurt feelings behind alleged disappointment that it wasn't a "real" fight.

A little part of them died just like when Hilary lost to Mr. Trump.

I just feel Aldo wouldn't get KO'd in 13 is seconds again and that's what makes it a fluke. Connor could ko him again sure but seriously doubt it would would as fast.

That's not what a fluke means tho. I agree, it's improbable that it would happen that fast again for a variety of reasons. But, McGregor has an 8 second, 4 second, and 16 second win on his record. Plus he has several sub 2:00 KOs.

Aldo also tends to explode into combinations the way he did against McGregor and McGregor's specialty is that hopping back left hand.

Relative to the participants involved, McGregor by really early stoppage should have surprised anyone and certainly was no fluke.

I only started watching MMA shortly after this. I regret not beginning sooner, can only imagine how epic this would have been if I had anticipated seeing the bout before it happened.

This is combat sport, i thought. Even a pure striker can beat a well rounded mma legend in 13 seconds. What a lucky bastard.

Fluke

Said that it reminded that of Cain Vs JDS 1 (not sure how since Aldo fought like he always fights while Cain didn't) and that if Aldo fought differently and used his raslling he would've won

I remember so many people were adamant that Aldo would destroy him, where are you, and what did you feel when he lost the fight so fast and so decisively?

I was shocked but not completely surprised. I'm used to wanting someone to lose and then getting my hopes crushed.

On the other hand when this happened.....

upload_2017-3-27_3-41-29.jpeg

I was like....

upload_2017-3-27_3-42-8.jpeg

Back