Bloody Elbow's What makes an Iron Chin

Joe Duffy never scores a rematch with Conor so it doesn't really matter.

Multiple things make someone have an iron chin not just a strong neck.

Genetics
It's why Samoans have the best chins.

When I did boxing training, we did all sorts of neck training. I cant really quantify whether it actually improves chin strength.
To be honest, I think its genetics that makes tough chins.
Look at Diaz brothers & look at Overeem.

your brain basically floats and many things can cause it to slam into the skull so the iron chin thing is quite complex

The shorter the neck, the taughter the muscles, and ofcourse not lacking brain fluid due to weight cutting are all relevant aspects of the iron chin

Probably a combination of the the following

1) Genetics
2) Neck muscles
3) Conditioning

I think it is cardio conditioning and knowing to flex the neck muscle at the right moment.

This isn't completely true as previous trauma and the space and content between the skull and brain also factor in.

Aging iron chins going out because they started skipping neck day.

Usually a guy with a big round head had a good chin and guys with Lil heads not so much. Guys like Condit cans cerrone got little grape heads and can take a punch to the kisser as for as anyone

Iron chins are a hoax. Iron mentality is what keeps you standing.

Watch Overeem, king of the glass chin. He panics when he gets hit. If he knows whats coming he quits.
Against Hunt he was hit a couple of times realy hard. But all those shots were single punches and came pretty much unexpected.
If Overeems realy has a glass chin, one of those punches from Hunt would have knocked him down.

From the article:
Multiple concussions are likely to bring about a long-lasting condition recently named as Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE).

“CTE is a complex biochemical degenerative process,” said Dr. Tator, explaining that an abnormal protein known as pTau, and its effectson the brain, are what causes the symptoms that come with the condition. These symptoms can include aggression, depression, loss of impulse control, and dementia.

Now what fighter's behavior since last summer reminds you the most of these symptoms? (Hint: Someone obsessed with opponents' possible use of PEDs despite him having a background of gladly working for promotions in the past that either didn't drug test or tested far less stringently than The UFC has been while he has worked there).

Neck muscle helps, but it doesn't matter. Alvarez has a very thick neck, and he gets wobbled constantly. Arlovski, Big Foot, Overeem, it's about defense.

46517.2.jpg

sport-graphics-2008_697965a.jpg

Might be something to all that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back