Is Conor the one...?

SiGlent

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
We have all seen UFC fighters with the skill and hype to make them a legend, then fall short, I.e. Pettis, RDA, Weidman. Do you think Conor will be able to maintain his spot in the spotlight or will he become old news before we know it? People seem to easily forget what Nate Diaz has done to Conor, and it could be a foreshadowing of his opponents to come. What do you guys think?

This is MMA, everyone loses eventually, especially in the LW division, whether he actually fights the people he should fight for us to find out is another story.

But if he defends his belt he'll probably lose it in devastating fashion within 2 fights, that's not a knock on him, that's just the LW division.

Conor is already a legend for what he has done. Even if he fights Floyd, loses, and retires forever, with a zillion dollars and a handful of belts in his career, he will already have done enough to be remembered as an MMA 'Hall Of Famer' so to speak.

Conor will be a legend as long as he doesnt lose a ton of fights. He's the most popular which means he sells the most, considering he sells the most means he will get the biggest fights. With the biggest fights come the biggest wins.

No legit combat sports fan who understands the fight game will give any fighter who refuses to defend his belt much respect. Conor has demonstrated that he is scared silly of going the Pettis, RDA, etc. route...as in risking losing a title and no longer being part of the "big show".

Quit taking meaningless fights to extend your 15 minutes of fame. Defend your title and prove that you're the real deal.

nope he has fallen short
hasnt defended the FW belt i doubt he will defend the LW belt
didnt rematch mendes, duffy, aldo or max

he will be know as the guy who was gifted title shots and hand pick opponents so the UFC can have someone to promote

We have all seen UFC fighters with the skill and hype to make them a legend, then fall short, I.e. Pettis, RDA, Weidman. Do you think Conor will be able to maintain his spot in the spotlight or will he become old news before we know it? People seem to easily forget what Nate Diaz has done to Conor, and it could be a foreshadowing of his opponents to come. What do you guys think?

ALL ↑↑↑ Defended titles, until Conor does the same he's faaaaar from the one...

ALL ↑↑↑ Defended titles, until Conor does the same he's faaaaar from the one...
THIS. He doesn't even have 1 title defense hahaha. IF he can make 10+ successful title defenses against all the top contenders over the next few years, then we can talk seriously...............

Conor has never defended a belt in the UFC or his career. Not once.. He can never be called a "defending champion" until he actually
decides to do what a champion is supposed to do. Defend a title..
<{outtahere}>Conor when he actually has to face Tony or Khabib at LW..

GIF-cry-sad-tissue-upset-wipe-nose-GIF.gif

You wipe the corner's of your mouth man, no need for your mom & sister to see that mess...

I think that he will "fight" Floyd Mayweather, cash in, retire, ride into the sunset and never look back.
He can't ride into sunset and not look back... he's too much of an attention whore.

Like they guy and what he has brought to the sport. Would love to see him defend and if he can reach GOAT status.

Conor has accomplished a lot but he has to defend the belt against the top contenders more than a few times to be considered goat. Aldo I'd greatest fwt and he koed him. Aldo beats the rest, defend that again and he can claim that. He needs at least 4 at 155. He has made a ton of money and won 2 titles so,maybe more money is all he cares about.

If he wants to be remembered as a legend, he has a long way to go, imo.

Back