what happened to weidman and pettis?

flikerstance

floridaman
Banned
Reaction score
man both were on a tear i thought pettis had the best skills over all in mma. But lately he has been doing very bad is it mental? i don't believe that his technique is sub par he was way ahead of the game there and weidman too he looked so slow in his last fight but he was winning up till the knee thoughts?

are you trying to imply something TS? are ya? hmmmmmm?

Weidman = USADA.

Pettis - No idea. Great kicks, but seemed to peak & fade overnight.

giphy.gif

Pettis: USADA
Weidman: Finally faced legit, in-prime competition

Guys who feel invincible and then lose a fight often struggle to reclaim their former glory.

Age, injuries, usada, etc, also contribute.
But a guy with a massive win streak who finally loses is usually not the same afterwards.
Miguel Torres is a good example, but there are many others.

The were both exposed as being simply great and not legendary.

Not sure, both faded fast. Hope they comeback strong and make another run at the title.

They both met other people, and chose to go in different directions.

They're still friends, from what I hear.

Sometimes relationships just don't work out. Especially gay, MMA relationships. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Pettis was all flash and Weidman lucked out by fighting over the hill competition

not making weight for a title fight is utterly embarrassing, thats all i know

Some guys stick to their ceiling for a long time, others bounce off it immediately and decline

Weidman is either USADA or an increase in competition.

Rockhold and Yoel are on completely different levels than post USADA Belfort and Machida. And the Machida fight was extremely close, one which Machida turned it up and almost won late.

The Anderson fights were just bizarre, no fault to Weidman though, but still it can't be denied that they were strange fights.

Weidman is either USADA or an increase in competition.

Rockhold and Yoel are on completely different levels than post USADA Belfort and Machida. And the Machida fight was extremely close, one which Machida turned it up and almost won late.

Machida won the fourth round; how is that almost winning the fight? Was it a 10-7 round?

id say hendricks and pettis got usada'd

weidman just dropped some fights

The were both exposed as being simply great and not legendary.

That won't cut it: Pettis has looked far from great. The definition of "great" may be subjective, but he indisputably hasn't fought like he did when he was on top.

dont talk about silva and prime its like some guys say shamrock was old is why he lost so much lol silva never ever had good takedown defense even in pride and small shows he got taken down by bogus low singles weidman needs to get with a good boxing coach who teaches him to be quicker stick and better movement ray longo style isnt very technical for him and mma rays one of those guys who teaches to sit down on each punch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back