Luke Rockhold calling out Werdum... real or fake?

Luke Rockhold calling out Werdum... real or fake?

• Total voters

Jermei

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Luke Rockhold the 185lb middle weight division fighter recently called out 240lb HW Fabricio Werdum and it seems to me like a fake call-out to me and he's just blowing smoke out his ass... kinda feels like Luke said it just to look tough.

Was that a real call-out or what? Both guys have more important fights to chase than each other...

Yes, No?

It is still real to me, dammit

Rockhold was trying to troll the troll king.

giphy.gif

But in all seriousness I think he really wants to fight Werdum, he's never liked him.
Watch the Embedded before Cain vs Werdum around 3:30, I think he wants to fight him but Werdum is at least 20-30 pounds heavier and is an all time top 5 HW.

Last edited:
Apparently they have beef going back to their strikeforce days. Something to do about an altercation at a strip club.

I have no doubt Luke would like to fight Werdum. I would actually pick him to win too. And no, I don't think it will ever happen.

Never underestimate the sodium levels of Salthold when it comes to losing, even with his team-mates at AKA (All Knees Annihilated). Troll face embarrassed his buddy, Walking Cane Velasquez.

Luke Rockhold the 185lb middle weight division fighter recently called out 240lb HW Fabricio Werdum and it seems to me like a fake call-out to me and he's just blowing smoke out his ass... kinda feels like Luke said it just to look tough.

Was that a real call-out or what? Both guys have more important fights to chase than each other...

Yes, No?
Werdum is high 230's at about 18% body fat. Luke is around 210 at 10%.

There is probably less than 10lb of muscle between them, and I'm sure Luke could add an extra 5.

I think it's real. Granted MW vs HW is a stretch, but Rockhold is really big MW.
Doesn't matter tho. Werdum is right tho, he gains nothing from fighting Rockhold.

I like it tho, would be a fun fight.

Luke's hairline would be pushed back even further if he fought Werdum.

After seeing pillow fisted Bisping catching Rockhold with back to back lefts, id hate to see werdum clasp that plum behind Lukes neck----uh, can you say nighty night

There is probably less than 10lb of muscle between them, and I'm sure Luke could add an extra 5.
For a short post, you made an amazing number of assumptions to support your conclusion. Well done, sir.

I think he knows that Werdum has nothing to gain with that fight and won't accept it so he was trying to seem tough by calling out a Heavyweight.

It's 100% legit, I was talking with my boy Dana and he told me that they're looking to make it the main event for a Salt Lake City show.

I hope the fight gets made and ends in a double KO, and seeing how both are sloppy as shit on the feet, it could happen.

Luke fights in MW at fight night around 206-209 lbs and this is with no fat and a strict diet.. he could easily bulk to be a LHW and eat freely.

Werdum has fat on him but also has age if he was younger I could see him making LHW in fact he came in around 235 a few times at HW.

Luke probably walks around 220 max 225 lbs... while in shape Werdum is around 240 lbs and by his in shape standard he still has fat.

Is it really that big of a stretch to see them fight the difference would be somewhere around 15 max 20 lbs on their fight night and none has this omfg power that you have to fear or killer takedowns or shit like that that will make you hesitant to take that fight.

We have a thing called scales. In modern society a scale tells you someone's weight. It's not witch craft.
So you've measured their body fat percentages? And the scientifically accurate scales you used on them calculated the amount of muscle mass each fella has, and how much muscle mass Luke can add? And your scale also tells us that Luke is "around 210?"

Yeah I don't think size is an issue. Obviously Werdum has a bigger frame but it's not as big of a deal as people making it out.

Shit CroCop was 220lbs when he fought Kongo and even lighter than that in his K1 days.

Luke trains with Cormier, Cain, and other top heavyweights at AKA all the time. He probably knows he can far well at the weightclass. It's a real callout.

Back