frankie edgar chain wrestling king

flikerstance

floridaman
Banned
Reaction score
man i love watching him chain wrestle he always shoots head outside single goes for the dump soon as he knows he doesnt have it transitions back to a double of he doesnt get that he goes for a body lock beautiful stuff but most guys are bigger than him and he misses some attempts i dont know anyone else in ufc who can chain takedowns so well together like frank khabib doesnt chain as well as frank who is better than frankie in your opinion

man i love watching him chain wrestle he always shoots head outside single goes for the dump soon as he knows he doesnt have it transitions back to a double of he doesnt get that he goes for a body lock beautiful stuff but most guys are bigger than him and he misses some attempts i dont know anyone else in ufc who can chain takedowns so well together like frank khabib doesnt chain as well as frank who is better than frankie in your opinion

Frankie is as good as it gets when it comes to taking someone down.

Only one that I think might be clearly better would be only Jones and GSP.

hey punctuation are you still there ?
maxresdefault.jpg

Aldo is a giant compared to Frankie
No that's not it.

Frankie picked up Benson and literally dropped him on his head and he's bigger than Aldo.

Aldo has the best TDD in MMA history. Number two is BJ.

gsp wasnt very technical with his shots and hed only hit one at a time due to how explosive he was to take guys down at weights under 55 is a hugeeeee feat due to how athletic guys are at poping back up franks technique is great

and for the guy above me nope it is gone i feel no need to punctuate unless its a big post

Frankie is as good as it gets when it comes to taking someone down.

Only one that I think might be clearly better would be only Jones and GSP.

What about Dominick Cruz? Jon Jones? Daniel Cormier? Khabib Nurmagomedov? Gleison Tibau? Damian Maia at 170lbs? Etc. There's no clear number 1. Cruz, GSP and Edgar may have been the best at transitioning seamlessly from striking to takedowns though.

Aldo is a giant compared to Frankie
this..

anddd aldo has the best takedown defense in ufc tbh due to his size at fw and the fact his thick legs has perfect body type for mma nobodys taking him down and holding

What about Dominick Cruz? Jon Jones? Daniel Cormier? Khabib Nurmagomedov? Gleison Tibau? Damian Maia at 170lbs? Etc. There's no clear number 1. Cruz, GSP and Edgar may have been the best at transitioning seamlessly from striking to takedowns though.
i said chainw restling means he goes for one they defend and he turns to another cruz and gsp usually get there first shot they dont chain well gsp only shoots for blast doubles or head outside singles cruz only hits doubles and knee taps

i said chainw restling means he goes for one they defend and he turns to another cruz and gsp usually get there first shot they dont chain well gsp only shoots for blast doubles or head outside singles cruz only hits doubles and knee taps

I know what chain wrestling is, I was asking someone else a question champ. Maia is very good at chain wrestling, same for Askren, Khabib etc.

No that's not it.

Frankie picked up Benson and literally dropped him on his head and he's bigger than Aldo.

Aldo has the best TDD in MMA history. Number two is BJ.

Where would you rank Junior Dos Santos'?

I know what chain wrestling is, I was asking someone else a question champ. Maia is very good at chain wrestling, same for Askren, Khabib etc.
Askren is the best chain wrestler in MMA

yeah but he does shit nobody else can due to his funky style of pure wrestling thats same as a guy like ryan hall pulling 50 50 in mma to heel hook

Edgar's the goat at punching thin air. 5 straight rounds of him hitting absolutely nothing and his core fan base being impressed by it.

200w.gif

Askren is the best chain wrestler in MMA

That's an opinion, I feel as far as MMA goes, Khabib is far better at chain wrestlng than Askren. We saw Askren's takedown abilities hit a wall vs Luis Santos and Jay Hieron, hell he was having a lot of trouble getting Lima down until Lima gassed, Lima even took Askren down with authority a couple times. The only person Khabib wasn't able to take down was Tibau who has the highest takedown defense rate in Lightweight UFC history. You could make an argument Maia is better than Askren too, which I would. The men Maia has been able to chain wrestle and get down on the mat....Gunnar, DHK, Fitch, Rick Story etc has been a far more impressive showcasing of skill than anything Askren has ever done in MMA.

Askren is good but I suspect if he ever faces a higher level in competition, he begins to hit a wall and get embarrassed. I'd love to see him come back to Bellator now, I don't think he'd touch the championship belt nowadays with Rory, Lorenz, Lima is much improved etc.

Back